Supposed Galaxy S IV leak resurfaces in high-res pics, lists more features and specs!

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Bigger Battery???? 2600mAh battery???? the S3 is 2100mAH battery. Which means if I buy an S4 Ill still have to charge it every 10-12 hours after moderate use. Your only looking at maybe 10% more battery in the S4 than the S3

A 2600mAh battery is 23.8% larger than a 2100mAh battery. Not sure where your math came from but a ~25% larger battery is a significant increase.

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the 2600mAh battery should provide good battery life due to the more efficient screen and the more efficient processor. I'm expecting 5 hours of screen on time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

No it won't. The screen got bigger and Samsung added gimmick features that drain the battery even more. It is going to have worse battery life.

A 2600mAh battery is 23.8% larger than a 2100mAh battery. Not sure where your math came from but a ~25% larger battery is a significant increase.

The increase in size won't improve battery life. The screen got bigger and the new gimmick features drain battery.

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
No it won't. The screen got bigger and Samsung added gimmick features that drain the battery even more. It is going to have worse battery life.

The increase in size won't improve battery life. The screen got bigger and the new gimmick features drain battery.

Hmm good thing they are forcing us to use those gimmicky features with no possible way of turning them off ;) and going from 4.8" to 4.99" oOoOoOo Big deal...

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

The screen is rumored to have 25 percent more energy efficiency and gimmicky features can be turned off (and often are). A lot of people on this site run special apps or mods to save battery life. A bigger battery will make a difference.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
2600mah won't be that great on battery. They should of went 3000mah or above like the note 2.

Some of you seem to forget that in order to make the battery larger, they would have to make the phone larger as well. The size of the battery is proportional to the battery's capacity. You want a larger battery? The phone will either have to be thicker/wider/taller. I guarantee they are putting as big of a battery as possible without sacrificing the form factor.

Some people will never be happy though.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Battery life depends on the person using the device as much as it does the battery itself.

When people talk about battery life they mean it in the same way a person talks about gas mileage. It's a rating under specific conditions to give you a guide as to what you could expect but not an absolute.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmm good thing they are forcing us to use those gimmicky features with no possible way of turning them off ;) and going from 4.8" to 4.99" oOoOoOo Big deal...

The octa is a gimmick feature and it isn't clear how much more drain it will cause

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The screen is rumored to have 25 percent more energy efficiency and gimmicky features can be turned off (and often are). A lot of people on this site run special apps or mods to save battery life. A bigger battery will make a difference.

That was one of the rumors. If its any form of amoled it is going to have horrible power consumption.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not seeing it, but I trust you. Still means nothing, who the heck knows what was done to this phone prior to the pics/vids being posted. We should all know better than that by now, right?

Yeah, I get what your saying - no telling how it was cracked but it's all good - I'm still going to get it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I get what your saying - no telling how it was cracked but it's all good - I'm still going to get it.

So, the leak was accurate. And the back cracked. Not a good thing to have leak the day before the announcement.

Wonder if they improved the quality of the plastic for the production version.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait for the Note 3. The S4 is great but what's up with this S-Translate. Google Now has all that built in along with the own Translation app.

I feel allot of this new software to be kinda on the gimmick side of things.

I was kinda thinking they would move away from the design they have been using since the first Galaxy S. But I'm happy they didn't. I love the home button and the overall look.

The thing that I'm really starting to notice as I browse through the software features is that most of this stuff is built in to 4.2.2 but Samsung calls it there own. Which is fine by me. This also means that the S3 and Note 2 will be getting all of this when we get our 4.2.2 update. The only thing the S3 isn't going to have is air view because it's a Note 2 and S4 hardware thing.

I don't think I would upgrade from the S3 to the S4. In fact I would go for the Note 2, only because bigger really is better, the screen on the Note 2 is RGB. I'm kinda even thinking of waiting for the Note 4 but then again the Note 3 with a 5.9" screen at 1080p sounds great as long as it's RGB.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol