Exynos Octa Will Be In All Versions Of S4, Here's Why...

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is forced to use Exynos in all the S4 phones or they would be making a huge mistake.

The Exynos is not just another chip, it's a significant change in chip technology it's a whole new concept in processing architecture and the first to use ARM's big.LITTLE technology. Samsung is claiming lots of benefits of their chip like over 70% savings in power consumption. If Samsung was to put Exynos in one version of the S4 and the Snapdragon in another version and market them as equivalent phones then they'd loose the differentiation of the big.LITTLE technology and make it appear like it's nothing special out of the gate and negate all the perceived benefits. Future Exynos devices would carry less clout and at the same time Samsung would be admitting that Snapdragon's chip technology is as good as the new Exynos technology.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I like your points. Good argument. Not sure it will happen though. I can guess can only wait and see. I honestly don't care either way.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I like your points. Good argument. Not sure it will happen though. I can guess can only wait and see. I honestly don't care either way.

If it doesn't happen then I'd guess their hand was forced due to some reason and they had no better alternative. But I guess we'll see in about 3 hours.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If it doesn't happen then I'd guess their hand was forced due to some reason and they had no better alternative. But I guess we'll see in about 3 hours.

Yeah I would think that Samsung wants to produce a devices with the same specs for everyone. In addition to what you mentioned above, it just helps their supply chain management and manufacturing process. Last year, it was US network LTE compatibility that forced them to give us only dual cores but bump up the RAM. I'm sure they really didn't want to do that. So we will see what happens but of course, if there are variations, we will start seeing reports of the reasons behind the differences and most likely it will be things they couldn't control as you said.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is forced to use Exynos in all the S4 phones or they would be making a huge mistake.

The Exynos is not just another chip, it's a significant change in chip technology it's a whole new concept in processing architecture and the first to use ARM's big.LITTLE technology. Samsung is claiming lots of benefits of their chip like over 70% savings in power consumption. If Samsung was to put Exynos in one version of the S4 and the Snapdragon in another version and market them as equivalent phones then they'd loose the differentiation of the big.LITTLE technology and make it appear like it's nothing special out of the gate and negate all the perceived benefits. Future Exynos devices would carry less clout and at the same time Samsung would be admitting that Snapdragon's chip technology is as good as the new Exynos technology.

It won't be. Those in the know have already said the US won't get the octa.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Its the S4 pro. In other words, its starting out a generation behind phones like the one and Optimus G Pro.

I don't think you are correct. It will ether have the same Snapdragon 600 as the One or the faster 800. That's really the question right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae