Full Galaxy S4 specs

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
sgs4-specs.jpg

The processor type will likely be the unnamed (we're thinking Qualcomm, of course) 1.9 GHz quad-core for the North American market, and the Exynos octa-core for the world version. And the network bands seem to be missing T-Mobile's 1700 frequency on the spec sheet, but Samsung officially states T-Mobile US as a Q2 release, so that may be a typo.

Tear it apart hardware junkies!

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Did they seriously put a S4 pro in this phone over the 600?? They said s4 pro at the end of the keynote, or the 600 part of the s4 pro series? I ask because Verizon it notorious for getting a different processor and thats what version ill have to get.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I stopped watching the reveal halfway through... Here comes the HTC one. I could care less about all those software gimmicks, I don't even use the ones on my s3. If only HTC had enough money to advertise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

DjSingh

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
^^^^^
I agree with you on HTC...
I want to get the HTC ONE...
but i'm afraid once S4 gonna be launch....HTC's price gonna reduce dramatically
and even though it sucks....people's gonna be all over S4

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
^^^^^
You know it's gonna suck without using it? Before it's even released even? Interesting.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^^^

Can you explain why it's gonna suck? It's more advanced than the s3 and the s3 was 2012 phone of the year. Sounds to me like you may not know what your talking about.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
^^^^^

You should just wait for the HTC One+ which will have a Snapdragon 800, more storage, and will come out 6 months after the original One. Or maybe the HTC One2 (the name is still a work in progress; apparently naming devices with numbers is a horrible idea) which will get a ton of new features. By this time HTC won't care about your HTC One or One+ and will simply abandon them. You'll probably never get S-Off, so you won't be able to ROM it easily, and your bootloader will be locked because HTC really wants you to use BlinkFeed and all of their other useless features (at least a few of Samsung's actually look useful).

I will admit that I'm jealous of the HTC One's front speakers and admittedly beautiful design. But I'm looking for a device that satisfies my daily needs. Not something that looks good. I mean, I'm putting a case on it as soon as I get it, so it's not like it matters what it looks like anyway.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Is it really 8 core phone? Or it is still misunderstanding
Think of it as having 2 quad-core processors (in the world version).
When you need speed, 4 high power high clock speed cores can run.
When you need power savings (like when the phone is idle), 4 lower powered cores can run.
All 8 are never active at the same time.

big.LITTLE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia explains it a little

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
any word on svdo? I don't want to go back to calls OR data after using my s3 that can do both. I was disappointed when the note 2 didn't have it. Being on Sprint it's a deal breaker until they get their act together with LTE. This needs to be able to make calls AND use data with or without 4g in your area. If not its a step back IMO...and a big one at that. ...well in sprint anyway. other carriers may not have this problem.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This phone's specs look incredible! If someone drops there's, I'm taking it lol. I'll put my S3 and an IOU note for the price difference but I don't know if I'll be able to return it. J/K

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Think of it as having 2 quad-core processors (in the world version).
When you need speed, 4 high power high clock speed cores can run.
When you need power savings (like when the phone is idle), 4 lower powered cores can run.
All 8 are never active at the same time.

big.LITTLE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia explains it a little

Hey Jerry, I'm hearing S4 pro and 600 from different people/sources. Any idea which quad core the US version will get?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I for one is gonna pick up the s4 on black Friday. Specs look awesome to me.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Nice little compare chart from Cnet:
ss20130314at104127.png

Too bad the Sony Xperia Z isn't on there. That appears to beat the HTC One also, but still not up to the S4.