iPhone 4s user considering the jump to Galaxy S4, looking for pros and cons

mg8r1016

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
After having the iPhone for 3 generations, I must say i am now considering jumping to the S4. I am the kind of person who enjoys having something "new" from time to time and I am getting bored with the iPhone platform. My issue is my home computer is an iMac and I am trying to figure out the difficulty in switching over platforms. My wife has the iPhone 5, which is a nice device, but not much difference from the 4S.

Can someone give me some guidance on the level of difficulty in switching platforms, my main concern is music. i have bought the majority of my music from iTunes. I realize I would lose the ability to Facetime with her but we could still Skype to video chat. I could get over having to re-purchase a few apps that i have paid for. Are there any other considerations I should consider from anyone who has done this??

Thanks for the advice and feedback!!

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Getting ready to do this, jumping from the 4s to the S4. I've had the iPhone for 2 generations (3s and 4s). Unfortunately i didn't purchase many things off of the app store. I did a few but i'll just have to cut my losses. I was able to snag a Nexus 7 when it launched and got that $25 credit on the Play Store so i have that waiting for me for apps when i get the S4.

From the presentation last night, it looks like samsung will have a software to be able to switch over things i'm assuming like contacts and emails and things like that, so no longer need the carrier to do that for you which will be nice. I think i'll order my S4 to ship to me directly, i hate when the person working at the carrier gets to get their grubby little paws all over it before me.

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
For contacts (email and phone), when you create a Gmail account you can add all your contacts to that, and then sync your phone to your Gmail account when you get it. I'm not sure if there will be a software way (like from Samsung) to export and import them. With music, you're probably best off dragging and dropping or importing to Google Music, just like Hoagie52 said.

I think you'll like the Android ecosystem. I've been with it since Cupcake (on my Samsung Moment on Sprint), and I've used every version since it. Every revision adds new features and improves upon the previous by fixing bugs. If you do decide to come to Android, I'm sure you'll love it - especially now that it seems that most manufacturers are learning that we want faster device upgrade time frames lol.