1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Release Date

Hey everyone, just curious to see if anyone knows the release date as of yet for the US. I've searched around this forum but haven't seen anything. Google searches reveal the 26th of April for the UK but I didn't know if that was everywhere.

Any info would be appreciated.

ROM
    Non-rooted

Default Re: Release Date

I read a article that suggested it could be around July before we see it here in the u.s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Most likely mid summer like last year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I thought about that but I thought I had read at one point that they wanted it to come out earlier to compete w/ the One and hit before the X Phone. Obviously could be very wrong here haha. Was hoping I was right though b/c I don't feel like waiting to use that precious upgrade but if the X Phone is unlocked, I guess it doesn't matter.

Much thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiekillsit View Post
    I thought about that but I thought I had read at one point that they wanted it to come out earlier to compete w/ the One and hit before the X Phone. Obviously could be very wrong here haha. Was hoping I was right though b/c I don't feel like waiting to use that precious upgrade but if the X Phone is unlocked, I guess it doesn't matter.

Much thanks for the info.
    Yeah I think they want to give the SG3 a year (or nearly) run by itself in the US before replacing it. You run the possibility of killing it too early. They can still get a lot of customers to buy them now at discounted prices but if there's another, new device right next to for only $100 bucks more a person may not pick it up. So still will but all products have a lifecycle and it's important to companies that they don't cut one short too early. We'll see though but I am expecting a summer release for US, with of course, Verizon coming in last.