the S4 was never going to meet expectations

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
i didn't imagine this thread would take the turn that it has.. wow

bottom line i guess is if you don't like something, than don't buy it. i didn't care for the iphone, still don't, so i won't buy one. i won't bash it, and i won't cry to apple for not making a phone the way i wanted it made.

i like the samsung, i expect disposable phones to be plastic. even if i have to keep it for a couple of years. and i have yet to have a plastic phone break.. i try to take care of it.

maybe i am just not into the " why didn't they make it the way i wanted thing". they make good phones, are getting a stronger following because a lot of people are liking what they are putting out... why should they change what is working? send out improvements on a working design.. and if they want to do something completely different... they probably won't call it a galaxy

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with Ry. For those of us with more reasonable and realistic expectations and that buy these devices for speed, performance and functionality, the GS4 did a very good job of meeting most of them. Was I expecting an LCD display and better build materials? Sure but those are not deal breakers and certainly not a reason to mark the GS4 as a FAIL in terms of not being meant to meet expectations. The GS4 does bring a lot to the table appealing to growing fan base of BB refugees like me and Apple refugees like my son.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
You can't expect the S4 to be as great, or revolutionary as the Original Galaxy S or S2.
Sure, the S4 lost its 'impact', but design aside, its still an worthy-phone.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't like reading people complaining about the materials used to build the phones. It's a user's choice whether they want to buy this or that device. I love the One design. If someone forced me to only use the One for at least 6 months as my sole phone. I'd be totally cool with One. But, I prefer the S4. I prefer it because Samsung is tried and true as the top Android manufacturer, and I would even go as far as to say besides Google, the top in Android software. It has features that I like, some of which One also has, as well as microSD so I can put music and media on external storage and save the internal for all the apps I can fit. And besides the Note 3, I know Samsung will solely dedicate themselves to the S4 until the S5 comes. HTC, you cannot get that same dedication, because as we have seen from years' past; they will have a successor to the One later this year. They had the One X last year, then the Butterfly/DNA and One X+ later in the year. They will do it again.

Most importantly to me, I do not complain about phones that I am not going to buy, because every single one of these devices have roots that are disgusting and vile. There are slave pygmies(whose slavemasters do not consider to be human, by the way) in The Congo who mine the minerals used to build these Qualcomm and Samsung chipsets. There are lithium deposits in Afghanistan that will be used to build your batteries. You think it's a coincidence that these exist in a place where the US government sent troops to fight terrorists? It's not. So no, I'm not going to complain about the One. Not going to complain about the S4. I knew what to expect from both. And more than likely, so did a lot of others who probably had already decided on X or Y before they even fully knew what either device was.
This isn't a big deal. Buy your device, and go use it.

Last edited:

wilfreb

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
To my eyes, the GS4 is what it's supposed to be, a better version than its predecessor, the GS3

A phone with a bigger battery, a bigger and better screen, removable battery, micro sd card slot in a thinner, more light and with the same dimensions as the predecessor, for me that's really design engineering.

TouchWiz is the most feature-rich, user-friendly and up to date OS of them all [excluding stock Android of course]

it is a fully no compromise phone, with the GS4 you have ABSOLUTELY all the features you can have, and that's excellent overall design.

the GS4 will be my next phone for sure.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone that thought it was going to be something radical was just setting themselves up for disappointment. Like Phil said last night on the podcast, they don't need to make it look radically different every year, it worked for apple and it will work for samsung. Just because it doesn't look that much different doesn't mean it is only a minor upgrade, because it is far from that.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Safety is a pretty big concern of mine riding the NYC subways. I just refuse to buy the "popular" thing.
Besides, the phone is pretty fugly IMO.

But that's the beauty of choice. Embrace it.

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here seen or played with the S4? Haters will hate but it seems ridiculously closed minded to pick apart a smartphone before even using it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Dan Freeman

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You truly are ignorant. The only reason you are hating on this phone because it's made of plastic if it was made of your so called premium feel (metal) you would still be waxing your cane. It's way better than the 3 lighter thinner same size. And for it being laggy it probably wasn't a full production model. Plus they seem to be trying with adding a lot of new features. PLUS when you get your new premium feel phone what's the first thing you do? You guessed it run down to best buy and grab yourself a nice shinny PLASTIC case. So much for premium quality feel . this is for the poster who had five long reason he already hated the 4s.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You truly are ignorant. The only reason you are hating on this phone because it's made of plastic if it was made of your so called premium feel (metal) you would still be waxing your cane. It's way better than the 3 lighter thinner same size. And for it being laggy it probably wasn't a full production model. Plus they seem to be trying with adding a lot of new features. PLUS when you get your new premium feel phone what's the first thing you do? You guessed it run down to best buy and grab yourself a nice shinny PLASTIC case. So much for premium quality feel . this is for the poster who had five long reason he already hated the 4s.
Uh not every slaps a case on there phones, for example I don't on my Nexus 4, had you read the rest of my posts you would have seen I'm liking the S4 more and more.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Didn't know it was ignorant to have perfectly fine preferences.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Safety is a pretty big concern of mine riding the NYC subways. I just refuse to buy the "popular" thing.
Besides, the phone is pretty fugly IMO.

But that's the beauty of choice. Embrace it.

Safety? Riding in the subways no phone is safe, you better carry a gun lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy