Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PittsPgh
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default VIDEO TEST- Galaxy S4 v. HTC One v. iPhone 5 (VIDEO)

Watch in HD for better comparison!

Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One

Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5

UPDATE

Galaxy S4 can record Slow Motion Video!!!
    Last edited by smooth4lyfe; 03-26-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Default Re: VIDEO TEST- Galaxy S4 v. HTC One v. iPhone 5 (VIDEO)

Damn, if this is real, i cannot wait to get my hands on an S4.

well i can't wait regardless, but those comparisons just upped it a few notches.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Another win! The Galaxy S4 can record slow motion!!! I did not know that man I cant wait!!

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom Reborn

Nothing new. My HTC EVOLTE can do that as well. last year.
    Paul
    cherrywithns likes this.

The note 2 can record in slow or fast motion. I thought the s3 could too? I have used it 0 times. Lots of features sound so useful but are really not that useful in real use. Multi view is one. I could not wait to get it on my note 2 and rarely use it. Maybe that's just me though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Doesn't the S3 have slow motion as well? My DNA has it, I just assumed it was on most top level phones.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    Doesn't the S3 have slow motion as well? My DNA has it, I just assumed it was on most top level phones.
    The Galaxy S3 does not have it... I never had that feature on any phone I had

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    The Galaxy S3 does not have it... I never had that feature on any phone I had

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    Hmm.. That's surprising. Especially considering how many features Samsung packs into its phones.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

S4 looks GREAT on Video.
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    Hmm.. That's surprising. Especially considering how many features Samsung packs into its phones.
    either the s3 or one x had this last year, i used it ..

GS4 wins. I like how wide the video angle is compared to ip5. Ip5 video angle is too narrow. When I switch from photo to video there is a drastic narrowing of the angle. It looks like it zooms in 30%.

Another win! The Galaxy S4 can record slow motion!!! I did not know that man I cant wait!!
    I'm impressed with the SG4 video quality no doubt, but I fail to see why any phone needs to record slow mo video. Can't you just play anything back in slow mo already? I just wish SG4 had the option to add all these effects after the shot like the HTC one. Ugh, decisions decisions.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoandroid99 View Post
    I'm impressed with the SG4 video quality no doubt, but I fail to see why any phone needs to record slow mo video. Can't you just play anything back in slow mo already? I just wish SG4 had the option to add all these effects after the shot like the HTC one. Ugh, decisions decisions.
    It has the option to do those after the shot with the video editor. You can most likely download video editing apps that can do so as well

It has the option to do those after the shot with the video editor. You can most likely download video editing apps that can do so as well
    So your telling me that I can do the drama shots, the eraser all and so on after I take the picture with the SG4? I am assuming it would have to be video though, or does it have a special mode you use? Everything I have seen so far makes it seem that you must choose the type of picture before you take the shot.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoandroid99 View Post
    So your telling me that I can do the drama shots, the eraser all and so on after I take the picture with the SG4? I am assuming it would have to be video though, or does it have a special mode you use? Everything I have seen so far makes it seem that you must choose the type of picture before you take the shot.
    Yeah, the modes are to make it easier for the user to do it automatically (which I think is better), but if you wanted to do the long way, you certainly can I know its possible
    There is a separate video editor app, which may allow you to do some of those things
    Some things may only be possible while taking the shot, because after you take the shot, the multiple photos are only stored in memory for so long, otherwise I'd assume it take up more memory and space saving each photo manually, then later on editing it (which is my assumption as what would happen)

There is a Photoshop app which may be able to do some of those things
    Thanked by:

Yeah, the modes are to make it easier for the user to do it automatically (which I think is better), but if you wanted to do the long way, you certainly can I know its possible
    There is a separate video editor app, which may allow you to do some of those things
    Some things may only be possible while taking the shot, because after you take the shot, the multiple photos are only stored in memory for so long, otherwise I'd assume it take up more memory and space saving each photo manually, then later on editing it (which is my assumption as what would happen)

cool, thanks, I look forward to trying this out whenever I get my phone, i'm hoping to find one in store on 5/1.

Actually, turns out you must select the mode before taking the shot, kind of a bummer as you have to know what type of shot you want to take beforehand. I found this video about the features and how they work.