Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

kirkhere

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Just received this BoxWave BodySuit TPU case from Amazon:
Amazon.com: BoxWave Samsung Galaxy S4 (S IV, SIV) BodySuit - Premium Galaxy S4 TPU Rubber Gel Skin Case and Cover, Textured for No-Slip Grip (Jet Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Pretty decent case for $3. Fits the phone well, lightweight, adds very little bulk, nice lip around the front to protect the screen, adds some grip. My only complaint is that I wish it had a raised lip around the camera. As it is, it does keep the camera lens from touching when laying on a flat surface, but only barely.

Edit to add: Another minor issue - the power and volume buttons are a little hard to locate by feel. Would have been nice if the bumps were a little bigger. On the bright side, the button action still has a decent feel through the case.

Last edited:

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have my GS4 since the launch, naked.

I received this week Spigen Neohybrid + Glas.tr.

I have to say that I miss the sleek look and feel of the GS4...and might return to no protection. I will just put extra caution.

Even if those case and screen protections are supposely slim.... i completely loss the great feeling of the device on hand.

My 2cents :)

Yeah, they look great thin, but really...they're too thin. There is no "sticky" to them, either. It might help a bit just if the back had some sticky properties. (There are people who sell sticky grips you can paste on, but it sure doesn't look good....) When I pick them up off of a table, they are so thin, they're actually kinda hard to grab. There's hardly anything to hold onto. I often wind up sliding them to the edge if I have both hands free. When I am maneuvering them in and out of my pants pocket with one hand, they seem slippery, a high risk for being dropped or accidentally tossed. And if dropped, there is pretty much no protection at all. Eventually, there's gotta be a bad end to that and at $629 per item, I have to have some sticky and some protection. IMHO, it's just mandatory, no matter what else is lost.

Spigen makes gorgeous cases, but Seidio and the Active case have my business again.

I was looking at some before going with the Cygnett Workmate, but I have to say--there was an over the top Youtube review that just really, really turned me off, with the guy talking about how wonderful even the packaging and logo was! I mean, it's a routine package and a routine logo and who cares anyway....But the "advertisement," intentional or otherwise, seemed over the top. As an objective, critical review, it didn't leave me with the feeling that there was much objectivity. Yeah, I know, irrational to blame Spigen if he has no connection with them, but still.... There are lots of choices. The Cygnett video of people dropping it from 6 feet onto cement/concrete, now that had a point, even if the shipping is from the UK. :)

Last edited:

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
When I briefly had my GN2, I had the OBDefender case. Very stout, but very bulky. I found the power button difficult to press and doing so caused the case to flex and creak. While I thought the built-in screen protector was well done, I didn't like the double touch feeling it imparted when using the touch screen. I moved to the Seidio Active case and really liked that.

But I found the GN2 too large for my daily driver and traded it for a GS4-16. When the GS4-32 came out, I swapped out the 16 for the 32. I used a Speck Candy Shell case that the store had and more or less like it. I find the back too slippery for my tastes and find it difficult to pick up when lying face down on a hard surface. But it protects the phone very well.

I also tried the minisuit bumper case but found that too minimilastic for me. I tried the minisuit Kinnect case and like it too. I really like the translucent back which allowed the logo to show. The Speck case has great button feel and activation. The Kinnect case takes slightly more effort.
The minisuit cases were only $5 recently with Prime, but I see their prices have gone up, at least for the bumper case.
Amazon.com: MiniSuit Bumper Slim-Fit Case + Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: MiniSuit Samsung Galaxy S4 Kinnect Rubber Trim Case + Screen Protector (Frost/Gray): Cell Phones & Accessories

However, I'm moving back to the Seidio Active case for the GS4. I really wanted the Active case without the kickstand, but they don't make it... yet. My wife has that case on her iP5 and it's very nice. I use an oversized holster for the GS4 which allows the GS4 and case to fit.
V078 Large Oversize Samsung Galaxy S4 Vertical Phone Case Pouch Rotating Clip | eBay

Kevin Sidebottom

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got the sview case and it's going back. Like others have said the stupid thing doesn't sit flat. It sits open 1/4" to 1/3" which is just stupid.

Ordered an Elago breathe soft feeling case in red. Had one of these on my S3 and loved it. It does not provide the level of protection of other cases but it is just what I wanted. Slim case that is not bulky and adds a little grip while looking cool.

Amazon.com: elago Galaxy S4 Case G7 Breathe - Eco Friendly Retail Packaging - Made in Korea (Soft Feeling Red): Cell Phones & Accessories

When you get the case, can you let me know if the sides protect the face of the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just seen this HIDEOUS case on eBay
Silver Tapered Punk Studs Skin Black Hard Case Cover Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV s IV | eBay

$(KGrHqJ,!o4FEicQJ-GiBRqBj00Ffw~~60_12.JPG

MrNoDay5Off

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got this today. Ordered it when I had my S4, from the seller linked to elsewhere in this thread. I'm VERY impressed with it. Very solid feeling, the metal is actually metal (not plastic like some of the others), and the little touches like the bright chrome edge around the camera make it seem like a Samsung part. Plus, it was only $12 with shipping direct from China.

If you were considering buying one, do it. Definitely worth the money and should make the GS4 feel as good on the outside as it is high-po on the inside.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Can you please post the link where you purchased this case? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
The slim case corner edges just don't look like they would offer much drop protection,
Isn't that the purpose for the case?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

daisydog

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not a case, but my aluminum backing finally came in the mail! I got it off off of ebay, shipped from Hong Kong with free shipping. $7. It also comes with a handy little tool that you can rub off any smudges or finger prints off of it!

That's not for removing smudges, it's a mini stylus!

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just came across this on Amazon. S-View case for only $10 bucks with free shipping!

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4 S-View Flip Cover Folio Case (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

EDIT: Also the regular flip cover is the same price.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4 Flip Cover Folio Case (Light Blue): Cell Phones & Accessories

What the...

How is this possible? I'm so skeptical of this, but I don't want to be, lol. Has anyone actually ordered from these people and gotten a genuine Samsung S View cover? Thanks for the link, though

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I got the protective plus case off of Amazon from Samsung and it works great.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
What the...

How is this possible? I'm so skeptical of this, but I don't want to be, lol. Has anyone actually ordered from these people and gotten a genuine Samsung S View cover? Thanks for the link, though

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

I know exactly how you feel lol. Someone posted the link in another thread and a lot of them believe it's fake. Another option is to go have it price matched at Best Buy since Amazon has it for $33

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy S4 via the Android Central Forums

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I like the slimness and screen protection that the flip covers offers (I have taken pretty good care of my droid X over the years). But can anyone give some insight on how it feels to take a call with one? OR what about taking pics? Just seems to me that while they may look good they seem to have some serious issues on how they could get in the way. Gah why can't they make something that can be all around good for a flip case? One that does not hinder use of the phone, does make you look as though your talking to a address book held up to your ear, and still provides reasonable protection for said use.

I have the flip cover. The flip cover does keep the phone nice and thin since you replace the original back cover and are not adding another layer over the back. Plus I could place the phone face down and not worry about scratching the screen because it was protected by the cover and I did not have to worry about scratching the camera lens because it was facing up. Win-win, right? Talking and texting with the flip cover were fine because the cover folds back nice and flat, however, taking pictures was a PITA! I finally abandoned the flip cover in favor of a Slim Armor case by Spigen. I opted then to get a screen protector since I don't have the flip cover anymore. I love the case! I also ordered two "protective covers" from Samsung the same day I ordered the Slim Armor from Spigen. I haven't received those yet but I would be VERY surprised if I like them as much as I like the Spigen case.

I should also add that I had a 50% off coupon from Samsung for the cases I got from them. If you register your phone on their website they send you a coupon. I think it took less than 1/2 hour to get the email with the coupon after I registered. I was pleasantly surprised it took 50% off both of the cases I ordered (I ordered the protective cover in two different colors). I thought it would only cover one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance