So what features do you think will be going to the S3 from the S4?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung will port some features from the S4 into 4.2.2 for the S3 but what features do you think Samsung will actually bring to the it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Do we have a current breakdown of the new features, I would expect S-Health to be one so they can push the accessories. Too bad their heart monitor is a chest strap, they should have partnered with Jawbone or FitBit to get something else going. I would be more inclined to use the Jawbone band or replace my older FitBit.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The new smart features like Smart scroll/pause, Floating Touch,S features will be available on S3 and Note 2.

Floating touch? You mean air view?
I dont think that will because its a hardware thing and nkt software. Its to do with the digitizer

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about the IR blaster, I'm talking about the IR sensor on the front of the phone which IS used for Air View

Ah, no it is not. That sensor is used for air gestures, such as scrolling. Air view is for looking at dropdown tabs or other things on a website. It can also be used to preview email and texts.
This is done with the digitizer, not any IR.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah, no it is not. That sensor is used for air gestures, such as scrolling. Air view is for looking at dropdown tabs or other things on a website. It can also be used to preview email and texts.
This is done with the digitizer, not any IR.

So if its done by the digitizer how does it pick up your finger thats it close to the screen, it must be a heat sensor like someome said above

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So if its done by the digitizer how does it pick up your finger thats it close to the screen, it must be a heat sensor like someome said above

And how much heat does the S-pen give off again? Yet the S4 works in the cold or heat and with a knife, fork, pen, even can work with a cellphone interacting with the screen. Heat isn't it. Nice try.

Jfazyankees13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
And how much heat does the S-pen give off again? Yet the S4 works in the cold or heat and with a knife, fork, pen, even can work with a cellphone interacting with the screen. Heat isn't it. Nice try.

The S-Pen works with a Wacom digitizer, however Air View on the S4 does not as there is no "chip" in your finger to communicate with that type of digitizer. It uses a combination of an extremely sensitive capacitive touch digitizer and a heat sensor (AKA as an IR sensor)

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

The s-spen works by electrons that sense the electrons on the screen