Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Suda
  • 1 Post By Raptor007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Default Possible war in the Koreas and release date?

Does anyone believe that the possibility of a war related to the current situation in N. Korea and S. Korea could cause more than a delay if not possible a complete cancelation of the release date of the S4?

Where are the production companies that make the Samsung galaxy phone? Like for example we know that although iPhone is an American brand the phone is manufacture in China.

What about the Galaxy S4?
    my Nexus 5 32GB

Default Re: Possible war in the Koreas and release date?

I know that most of the previous Samsung devices were initially made in Korea for the first batch but then were all made in China.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

That sounds good, b/c I have been contemplating b/t the HTC One or the S4.

On the HTC One website the sales for the unlocked version went out of stock yesterday. Not like I was going the place an order I'm still doing research on which device has better merits.
    my Nexus 5 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    That sounds good, b/c I have been contemplating b/t the HTC One or the S4.

On the HTC One website the sales for the unlocked version went out of stock yesterday. Not like I was going the place an order I'm still doing research on which device has better merits.
    I'm under the impression that HTC is playing with a very scarce amount of phones, I'm sure it's sold but I'm not too convinced that it's sold enough to reach typical sell out numbers. For instance they can only manage one version of the phone, people that've already pre-ordered from carriers even an hour after the pre-orders went live are now getting backordered statuses, and in countries that the phone's already been released in there are some quality concerns over units (overheating, hissing sound while recording, blurry camera causing for a factory reset of phone, speaker grille adhesive wearing out, and gaps surrounding the screen). In other words I wouldn't worry about it too much. You should be able to buy one when you're ready, should you go with it. If anything it's probably a good thing you haven't pre-ordered, you're more likely to avoid these mishaps.

Answering your question though, Samsung is based in South Korea but yeah their phones are made in China. I bought a Note 2 shortly after launch last year and it came with the made in China branding on the box. I had always thought their phones were made in Korea too.

I don't expect any war to interrupt things, I'm really not expecting a war tbh. Un just needs his pacifier and someone to rock him to sleep.
    Thanked by:
    chestvrg and msndrstood like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Thax Suda. I also heard about all this defect complaints going on with the HTC One. I hear that buzzing or hissing sound also happens when someone is on other line and the person gets out on speaker mode. Samsung has good reputation with quality build, but there are some bad oranges in every brand.

I was under the impression Samsung also did the manufacturing at home, but cool to know they are made in China. I believe Chinese factories are able to deliver great quality control too, it doesn't matter as long as the parent company is reputable and they have their engineers on site making sure the product is been done as mandated.
    my Nexus 5 32GB

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Any conflict in Korea will have significant impact on global markets. Even with the S4 being made in China, it would have an impact on the Asian trade routes so lets get this phone out before little Kim in N.K gets mad and launches something at us.
    Calidoc likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

I know man, think there'll be a draft?
    my Nexus 5 32GB

and I'm waiting on Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Suda View Post
    Un just needs his pacifier and someone to rock him to sleep.
    He needs somebody to thump him real good so he'll crawl back in his hole and hide. There's always some little weasel in the world threatening to blow everyone else up.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

LOL true
    my Nexus 5 32GB

I know man, think there'll be a draft?
    no, let them fight there own wars.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    no, let them fight there own wars.
    Oh man that's the way it should be instead if acting as int'l police, if the solar system was populated it would be a space police, come on....we don't need another war right now as the the fragile economy is beginning to recover.

I don't know what to do in relation to choice of phone. I'm going to keep reading more reviews of the One, S4 and possible any leaks of iPhone 5S.
    my Nexus 5 32GB

Oh man that's the way it should be instead if acting as int'l police, if the solar system was populated it would be a space police, come on....we don't need another war right now as the the fragile economy is beginning to recover.

I don't know what to do in relation to choice of phone. I'm going to keep reading more reviews of the One, S4 and possible any leaks of iPhone 5S.
    When a country is uttering threats toward your country, you have to take actions in order to prevent a war. If worst comes to worse then North Korea will get a spanking. Let's hope it doesn't lead to that, the less nuclear radiation in the world the better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Does anyone believe that the possibility of a war related to the current situation in N. Korea and S. Korea could cause more than a delay if not possible a complete cancelation of the release date of the S4?

Where are the production companies that make the Samsung galaxy phone? Like for example we know that although iPhone is an American brand the phone is manufacture in China.

AFAIK, all the high-end phones are made in Korea while middle-end, budget phones are made from Vietnam. Galaxy S 4 will be made in Korea, that's for sure.

It's said Vietnam factory has almost same manufacturing capacity of Korean one and I heard that Samsung had done a groundbreaking ceremony for another Vietnam factory of same capacity with the existing one recently. I know there is another factory in China for manufacturing phones for China market. I'm not sure whether Samsung has more mobile phone factory or not elsewhere.

The simple answer appears to be yes.

Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Wow great article. Thx
    my Nexus 5 32GB