Keep my iPhone 5 or get a GS4?

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Be advised that you're asking this question on an Android-centric forum. You'd get the opposite view on an Apple-centric forum. Just sayin'... :)

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Which phone is better iPhone 5 or GS4? Help me decide should I keep my iPhone 5 or buy GS4.

Phones are about equal in terms of quality but the s4 has more features and since it has android it carries those bonuses and drawbacks compared to iOS.

So IMO research the phones and watch reviews and decide for yourself which is better for your needs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't do anything until after Google I/O and Apple's next show for the iPhone 5s or whatever it'll be called. Your question might be very different then.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
iPhone was good but when people found out about the Galaxy Series, especially the S3 mainly because of the Olympics Advertising, the iPhone got smoked. I thought iPhone was the best, no now. The moment I saw that commercial I thought 2 things. 1.) I had to get the S3. 2.) The. iPhone got beat up and wouldn't stand at the top anymore.

anon852117

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Gave my iP 5 to the wife and I went back to my factory unlocked, jailbroke iP 4S, iOS 6.1.2.
Can't get that excited about upgrading yet. Will wait an see what's to come ver shortly.
I've rooted a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to os 4.2.2 and the thing keeps my attention.
I like the quality, speed and hate the everlasting upgrades that I'm addicted to
upgrading. It is a kick. I kinda like it and want to handle the 4S but
would like to see iP 6 ? But just don't want to wait that long.
May go to Craigslist and look for a cheap 3 in the mean time.
DrJoepa

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting rid of my iPhone 5 for the S4. I just have to pay full blown price for it as I'm in the middle of a Verizon 2 year contract with the iPhone 5.
I'll purchase it when ever Verizon gets them in, then sell the iPhone 5 and get most of my money back right away.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Did you really expect to come on an Android forum and ask such a question and expect people to say "keep the iPhone"? Unreal. :facepalm:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Part of my move from Verizon to AT&T included a new GS4 and my iP5 was a month old. I could have used it on AT&T without LTE but nope Android is where I will be going and will stay.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You come to an Android Forum and ask this type of question for one, AND ONLY ONE reason... to get an Android slanted answer.

Of course I'm an fan of Android, but that is just as bad as asking a Blackberry forum for an opinion about a BB and an iPhone... they will all say BB, or ask Android or iPhone on an Apple forum... I think you know what you will get for an answer.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have used every mobile OS from Palm, WindowsMobile, Windows Smartphone, Windows Phone 7 & 8, iOS, Android from eclair to current, and honestly its the hardware that drives me more than anything else. Every time I thought iOS (or any other OS) for that matter would be better I always find myself returning to Android. Why? The hardware options are better, the OS improves with every iteration and yes we do have to wait but that is what happens with an open system that allow for greater choices.

If you like the iphone you have today, I would say stay with it, if you want the full benefits of Android and what Google can do for you then I would say sell it now while the market is hot and get the GS4. There will always be an even hotter Android phone in some form or function around the corner but honestly the Galaxy S series is the one to watch.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have used every mobile OS from Palm, WindowsMobile, Windows Smartphone, Windows Phone 7 & 8, iOS, Android from eclair to current, and honestly its the hardware that drives me more than anything else. Every time I thought iOS (or any other OS) for that matter would be better I always find myself returning to Android. Why? The hardware options are better, the OS improves with every iteration and yes we do have to wait but that is what happens with an open system that allow for greater choices.

If you like the iphone you have today, I would say stay with it, if you want the full benefits of Android and what Google can do for you then I would say sell it now while the market is hot and get the GS4. There will always be an even hotter Android phone in some form or function around the corner but honestly the Galaxy S series is the one to watch.

71% agreement and the 29% remaining is because I still think that since Google I/O is only 4.85 weeks away, doing anything right now is a rash decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12