Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keep my iPhone 5 or get a GS4?

Which phone is better iPhone 5 or GS4? Help me decide should I keep my iPhone 5 or buy GS4.

Default Re: Keep my iPhone 5 or get a GS4?

A GS2 is better then the iPhone 5. So yes, get the GS4.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Buy Galaxy S 4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Be advised that you're asking this question on an Android-centric forum. You'd get the opposite view on an Apple-centric forum. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Mahender Shahani View Post
    Which phone is better iPhone 5 or GS4? Help me decide should I keep my iPhone 5 or buy GS4.
    Phones are about equal in terms of quality but the s4 has more features and since it has android it carries those bonuses and drawbacks compared to iOS.

So IMO research the phones and watch reviews and decide for yourself which is better for your needs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Or wait to see what Apple does with iOS 7 and the next iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    11,628 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

I wouldn't do anything until after Google I/O and Apple's next show for the iPhone 5s or whatever it'll be called. Your question might be very different then.

iPhone was good but when people found out about the Galaxy Series, especially the S3 mainly because of the Olympics Advertising, the iPhone got smoked. I thought iPhone was the best, no now. The moment I saw that commercial I thought 2 things. 1.) I had to get the S3. 2.) The. iPhone got beat up and wouldn't stand at the top anymore.

Gave my iP 5 to the wife and I went back to my factory unlocked, jailbroke iP 4S, iOS 6.1.2.
    Can't get that excited about upgrading yet. Will wait an see what's to come ver shortly.
    I've rooted a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to os 4.2.2 and the thing keeps my attention.
    I like the quality, speed and hate the everlasting upgrades that I'm addicted to
    upgrading. It is a kick. I kinda like it and want to handle the 4S but
    would like to see iP 6 ? But just don't want to wait that long.
    May go to Craigslist and look for a cheap 3 in the mean time.
    DrJoepa
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I'm getting rid of my iPhone 5 for the S4. I just have to pay full blown price for it as I'm in the middle of a Verizon 2 year contract with the iPhone 5.
    I'll purchase it when ever Verizon gets them in, then sell the iPhone 5 and get most of my money back right away.

Coming from iPhone, get the GS4
    Way much more you can do with it, and way better camera

Did you really expect to come on an Android forum and ask such a question and expect people to say "keep the iPhone"? Unreal. :facepalm:
    jrb363 and Gathomblipoob like this.

Part of my move from Verizon to AT&T included a new GS4 and my iP5 was a month old. I could have used it on AT&T without LTE but nope Android is where I will be going and will stay.

Global Posts
    5,835 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

No Iturd.....ever.

Neither

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

You come to an Android Forum and ask this type of question for one, AND ONLY ONE reason... to get an Android slanted answer.

Of course I'm an fan of Android, but that is just as bad as asking a Blackberry forum for an opinion about a BB and an iPhone... they will all say BB, or ask Android or iPhone on an Apple forum... I think you know what you will get for an answer.
    Gathomblipoob likes this.

I have used every mobile OS from Palm, WindowsMobile, Windows Smartphone, Windows Phone 7 & 8, iOS, Android from eclair to current, and honestly its the hardware that drives me more than anything else. Every time I thought iOS (or any other OS) for that matter would be better I always find myself returning to Android. Why? The hardware options are better, the OS improves with every iteration and yes we do have to wait but that is what happens with an open system that allow for greater choices.

If you like the iphone you have today, I would say stay with it, if you want the full benefits of Android and what Google can do for you then I would say sell it now while the market is hot and get the GS4. There will always be an even hotter Android phone in some form or function around the corner but honestly the Galaxy S series is the one to watch.

Global Posts
    11,628 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I have used every mobile OS from Palm, WindowsMobile, Windows Smartphone, Windows Phone 7 & 8, iOS, Android from eclair to current, and honestly its the hardware that drives me more than anything else. Every time I thought iOS (or any other OS) for that matter would be better I always find myself returning to Android. Why? The hardware options are better, the OS improves with every iteration and yes we do have to wait but that is what happens with an open system that allow for greater choices.

If you like the iphone you have today, I would say stay with it, if you want the full benefits of Android and what Google can do for you then I would say sell it now while the market is hot and get the GS4. There will always be an even hotter Android phone in some form or function around the corner but honestly the Galaxy S series is the one to watch.
    71% agreement and the 29% remaining is because I still think that since Google I/O is only 4.85 weeks away, doing anything right now is a rash decision.

the iphone 5 is a capable device. Why not wait till the S4 launches and then check it out?

Neither, get the Nexus 4. Or the HTC One. The GS4 is good, I just think those two are better options. I know others have already said this but you probably want to go to a more neutral place than AC or iMore because of biases. My rule is, if you question your iPhone, get an Android

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

Global Posts
    11,628 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

I don't think anyone anywhere should be buying any phones until May 15th. But yes, I agree... IMO Nexus 4 > HTC One > (barely) Note 2 = Galaxy S4.

I myself will be switching from a Verizon iPhone 5 to the GS4. After some time away from Android it will be nice to switch back.
    Raptor007 likes this.

I just sold mine and it was a month old. Waiting for AT&T to get the GS4 Pre-Orders going on Tuesday so I can pop in next week and pay my way on board. Next I will drop my home connect and move that over as well, I should see about $50+ savings a month compared to Verizon.

geez, if you are still wondering, and dunno what the stuff is about, here is a simple guide for beginners...
    Choose the Right Phone | Mobile Phone Buyers Guide | CNET UK
    eg...
    what? you want to use it as a *phone* ???
    WTH is that funny music??? I jumped out of my seat, when I heard someone talking out of my 'mini computer tablet'... :O :O
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast