US Version to get more RAM?!?!

stewbug

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S4 Coming To AT&T First, 4GB RAM, Up to 2.5X Faster Than GS3 - HotHardware

According to this site, the US version will be getting 4gb of RAM. The International version will only have 2gb. This is crazy!! A good trade if you ask me: US version will be getting a 4 core CPU but 4gb of RAM, while the international will be getting an 8 core CPU but 2gb of RAM.

PS: I just found this out so if this was already know sorry I didn't know I just found out.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how reliable that site is. Surely if Samsung was going to do this we would have heard about it at their keynote or at the very least the news would have leaked weeks ago. If it IS true the only explanation I have is that HTC has seriously scared the guys at Samsung and they suddenly decided to double the ram, although that would require either hardware changes to add another stick of ram or Samsung to start manufacturing 4GB of ram on a single stick and I have not seen any rumors or even speculation about that. I hope it's true, but I would give it a less than 1% chance of being true.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not familiar with that site, but hasn't Samsung increased the memory on certain devices in certain markets before. I recall they did something for the S.Korean market where phones had more RAM than other markets. I could be wrong.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Also, the US isn't the only country getting only the Snapdragon version. Some countries are getting both. So that'd mean unless Samsung made a special version specifically for the US (Ha), every Snapdragon made would have 4GB RAM.

Nope.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, the US isn't the only country getting only the Snapdragon version. Some countries are getting both. So that'd mean unless Samsung made a special version specifically for the US (Ha), every Snapdragon made would have 4GB RAM.

Nope.

I wouldnt be surprised if AT&T pulled some trick to get it..they always get exclusives
- The had an exclusive Red Galaxy S3
- They have an exclusive 64GB HTC One
- Samsung Galaxy S4 exclusive? Just might

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The bottom of the website also says

"This site is intended for informational and entertainment purposes only. The contents are the views and opinion of the author and/or his
associates."

....I wouldn't trust it

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I wouldnt be surprised if AT&T pulled some trick to get it..they always get exclusives
- The had an exclusive Red Galaxy S3
- They have an exclusive 64GB HTC One
- Samsung Galaxy S4 exclusive? Just might

They're not the only carrier to get an exclusive S3. T-Mobile got the grey one, Verizon got the black one, and Sprint unveiled a purple one today.

It didn't say it'd be an AT&T exclusive, just that AT&T will be the first to release the phone. I don't even know how true that is with both Sprint and Verizon's S4s all passing FCC, it could easily launch on all carriers.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah for the Galaxy S3, I remember blogs saying it was a 'last minute' decision from Samsung to bump the RAM to 2GB for the North American models. Samsung at the time had a thought that the next Android updates would require more memory, so they boosted the memory in NA. The North American models with the Snapdragon, and the Korean Exynos LTE models last year got 2GB of RAM, while the other Exynos models had only 1GB. I mean, maybe if it is 4GB already, they disabled 2 for the units on the show floor recently but I doubt that.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
And you got to see from the beginning how a rumor gets started.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
its being reported on several sites that the at&t version will sport 4gb ram.

Rumors get spread like wildfire. It's pretty easy for this to happen. I saw a blog post in which one guy illustrated his successful rumor mongering about the next gen consoles. He sent an email to one big name site claiming to be an "official insider" and made up some BS about the PS4. Within minutes, the big-name site replied, and said that is was "verifying" the info and would get back to him. Minutes later, it was posted on the site as "exclusive" info from a "trusted source". The rumor spread to every site under the sun by the next day. It was pretty crazy; I'll post it if I can remember where to find it.

Regardless, the rumor is pretty farfetch'd. There is literally no use for 4gb of RAM. It will do absolutely nothing for the phone under pretty much any circumstances. Hell, do they even manufacture the right components to make such configuration feasible?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown