IR Blaster Question

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So i'm not familiar with the IR Blaster and what exactly you can program your phone to, but when i get my S4 will i be able to program it to my Uverse receiver? or only my television?

I'm assuming i'd be able to have multiple profiles on it for the different TV's in my house as well.

I know no one has it yet, but wasn't sure about people who have had IR Blasters on other phones.

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You basically just put in the name of the TV you are looking at and are able to change the channels. When I had a Treo back in the day I use to go to Ruby Tuesdays and change the channels all the time lol.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You basically just put in the name of the TV you are looking at and are able to change the channels. When I had a Treo back in the day I use to go to Ruby Tuesdays and change the channels all the time lol.

Lol I used to do this in high school wit universal remotes

But it works with most devices, all you have to do is put the TV or Entertainment System and it will automatically scan it for you. The Galaxy Tab 7.0 does this I'm doing it right now actually and its awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.0

miketlb

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
it should work with most devices in your house. I haven't tried the one on the S$, but the HTC One quickly recognized my tv, bluray player and home cinema.

Basically you just pick the brand of your gadget and then the phone kind of self configures. with older devices, you might have to map the buttons on the remote in the app on the S4, you do that by pointing the remote to the ir blaster on the phone and following a wizard, it's pretty simple

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, can't wait to try this out! Thanks for all the responses and i think it'd be funny to try that on TV's in bars and restaurants hahaha

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Generally, buttons such as guide are supported, but it really depends on Samsung's implementation. You'll have to wait and see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reahs