Isit worth getting a sd card for my s4 when it arrives and what advantages would it give me as im a new android user just moved from iphone 4s so i kno nothing about sd cards
    04-20-2013 02:03 AM
    Initially, there'd be no advantage. It's just more storage space, so you can (not quite) turn your 16GB phone into a 48GB phone.

I say not quite because not everything can go on the SD card, but it's a great place to put videos, music, audiobooks, pictures, and downloaded files, leaving the space on your phone free for applications and their data.

Unless you immediately go out and copy a bunch of music and movies to your phone, you'll probably be fine for a while without a card.
    04-20-2013 02:16 AM
    Thanks alot pal but if i get a card will it keep my phone running at a good speed cos it will keep the phone space free or wont it effect it much in that way
    04-20-2013 02:43 AM
    Actually buying a low class sd card might make your phone run slower cause it'll keep scanning the card for music/movies. So I'd suggest that first and foremost buy a card of class 6 and above. Secondly buy a samsung card. Thirdly the advantages as mentioned above are only to expand your media memory that is to have extra space for your music, videos, picture etc.

Sent From My Note 2.
    Hit thanks if I helped you
    04-20-2013 02:56 AM
    Thanks alot pal but if i get a card will it keep my phone running at a good speed cos it will keep the phone space free or wont it effect it much in that way
    It won't affect it much in that way (unless you are almost completely out of space, but then you've got bigger problems ... you're phone will warn you of this, by the way).

You may have heard the slowing down about the other kind of memory, RAM, but an SD card won't affect that. The S4 has more than enough RAM, so you don't have to worry about that.
    kopkings123 likes this.
    04-20-2013 04:30 AM
    For one I like the option. I can take my sd card and put it in my laptop and move pics and music back and forth.. I know some dont mind not having an sd card but I for one think its a good thing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    kopkings123 and j510 like this.
    04-20-2013 06:30 AM
    SD card is worth having in any phone for the purpose of storage and easy transfer and backing up your phones data. Although the 16GB sounds nice on any device........what good is that storage if for any reason you cant access it due to damage of some nature. SD card to the rescue!
    kopkings123 likes this.
    04-20-2013 07:26 AM
    SD card is worth having in any phone for the purpose of storage and easy transfer and backing up your phones data. Although the 16GB sounds nice on any device........what good is that storage if for any reason you cant access it due to damage of some nature. SD card to the rescue!
    While that sounds good in theory, I have had 2 SD cards bite the dust (in use in two different devices) this week and have never had a phone become unreadable. That said, an SD card is never a bad option to have, though on phones 32 GB or larger I hardly would call them needed.
    04-20-2013 11:58 AM
    Get the 64GB microSD card, class 6 or class 10 and you will be fine. Great for storing pictures, video, carrying music, podcasts and movies to watch. Don't limit what you can and can't do on the fly without a card on board.
    04-20-2013 12:27 PM
    Ordered a 32GB Class 10 Samsung SD card.

Should be ample for my needs.

John
    04-20-2013 07:25 PM
    I was merely stating that a SD card would be good for the transfer of data off your phone and as a backup for your phone. It's always good to have a backup, just in case.
    j510 likes this.
    04-21-2013 05:37 AM
    I use a SD card myself. Always have and always will. They are a great option for backups (in case to need to restore your phone for whatever reason) and also, like many stated above, they are a great place to store your media! I have a lot of pictures and music that I like to have with me and there isn't enough space on just the phone for it all. Put it on the SD and then I actually have room for all the other fun stuff the phone can do like apps and games.

Also this was stated above, but don't get a cheap memory card. Get a fast one so your read and write speeds aren't bogging you down.
    04-21-2013 08:17 AM