Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 - 32GB

Hi, does anybody know when we can expect the 32gb version to be available ?
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 - 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie_89 View Post
    Hi, does anybody know when we can expect the 32gb version to be available ?
    No but if you stay on top of the Samsung USA website for phones this is where they mostly make these announcements or of course ... Android Central you home for everything Android.
    ~Jag~
    Member Of Android Central & Mobile Nations!

jhill110 and brooklynboy86 like this.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Probably in a month or so when they finally ship out their batch of 16gb versions.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ok thanks guys, quite annoying of Samsung to ship different variants at different times
    If HTC can do it with their 32 / 64gb models i'm sure Sammy can too....

Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

So far Samsung USA has been utterly useless for me, go figure. I emailed them about both the 32GB Galaxy Note 8.0 (which they are selling everywhere BUT, the US) and the 32GB GS4. What I got was they would be happy for me to buy these devices, but they are not available at this time.

That was it, nothing useful, no mention of ordering elsewhere, no help at all.

I will say AT&T at least said May/June for the 32GB but that was a best guess from them. The fact that Verizon isn't offering a 32GB out of the gate should concern those who want it, and they clearly are looking to charge customers $249 (minus a mail in rebate) for a 16GB then maybe in 2-3 months roll out a 32GB GS4 at $249-299, not sure.

I am waiting on AT&T, I won't get a 16GB its just too little memory and since Google removed the ability to put apps on the SD card post Gingerbread its a joke.

Is there any speculation to when the verizon 32 gb s4 will be released? If i remember correctly wasnt the 32 gb released alongside the 16 gb on verizon for the galaxy s3 last year?

Thats what I'm waiting for too! And when it comes.....I will STRIKE down upon thee with vengeance.....
    Thanked by:
    rohanryry likes this.

I talked to the assistant manager at at&t store yesterday and he said his Samsung rep told him they would announce the availability of the 32GBP S4 the middle of next week and at&t would start taking orders then. I told him I had heard rumors that it might not be available until June. He said it won't be near that long. He said it will be soon. He emphasized SOON.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    XChrisX likes this.

does anyone know about verizon? should i just pre order the 16gb and i can always cancel it? the verizon rep i talked to said he does not know if they are offering the higher memory as they did last year

Global Posts
    4,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rohanryry View Post
    does anyone know about verizon? should i just pre order the 16gb and i can always cancel it? the verizon rep i talked to said he does not know if they are offering the higher memory as they did last year
    I'm sure Verizon will release a 32gb version. They would be stupid not to, but then again we are talking about Verizon.

IIrc, Verizon launched the 16GB and 32GB S3 at the same time but some stores didn't stock the 32GB flavor. I initially started with a 16GB, but for the $50 difference, it was worth it for the space. But returning it (and paying the damn restocking fee) was a pia. I am going to wait for a 32GB this time around.
    Thanked by 2:

I originally thought I'd be ok with 16gb but the more I read on these forums the more I'm second guessing myself. I plan on keeping this phone for the full 3 year contract as I'm not one to change phones frequently and I know I could probably just uninstall and reinstall some of the games that take up lots of space but it'd be nice to have the option to keep them all on there as well.

If what stringbeanie says is true and there's an announcement made next week I may just cancel my 16gb order

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I'm sure Verizon will release a 32gb version. They would be stupid not to, but then again we are talking about Verizon.

IIrc, Verizon launched the 16GB and 32GB S3 at the same time but some stores didn't stock the 32GB flavor. I initially started with a 16GB, but for the $50 difference, it was worth it for the space. But returning it (and paying the damn restocking fee) was a pia. I am going to wait for a 32GB this time around.
    Just visited the Verizon store and they seemed to think that it is unlikely the 32GB version will be sold in store. Since "supposedly" the 32GB GS3 did not sell as well. He said I could probably get it online though. So, looks like a wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepNSnooze View Post
    Just visited the Verizon store and they seemed to think that it is unlikely the 32GB version will be sold in store. Since "supposedly" the 32GB GS3 did not sell as well. He said I could probably get it online though. So, looks like a wait and see.
    The 32Gb S3 on Sprint when they first released was sold out quickly! If anything, people had to settle on the 16GB version because the 32GB was always sold out.

Global Posts
    4,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think some of the larger/well selling stores had them - the stores in Pensacola stocked them, but not any here 40 - 50 miles away. I ordered the 32GB online but they did ship it overnight for free.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    The 32Gb S3 on Sprint when they first released was sold out quickly! If anything, people had to settle on the 16GB version because the 32GB was always sold out.
    Oh do not misunderstand me. I think he is full of it on the S3 32GB sales #'s as well, then I got the... Why do you need 32GB? I honestly looked him in the face and told him cause out of 16 I would end up with 9 maybe due to Verizons bloatware that I do not use. At that point I just stated I would wait till they released it, in-store or online.

Global Posts
    4,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Oh do not misunderstand me. I think he is full of it on the S3 32GB sales #'s as well, then I got the... Why do you need 32GB? I honestly looked him in the face and told him cause out of 16 I would end up with 9 maybe due to Verizons bloatware that I do not use. At that point I just stated I would wait till they released it, in-store or online.
    It's all about selling you on what they have. They (ok, not all, but most reps) have their best interest when selling devices.

I dunno, I heard that compared to the 16gb it didn't sell well. Makes sense though, since most people don't need that much. I'm one of those people who does though. I'm not gonna wait though, if they get it I'll just use my August update to get it and give the 16GB version to my wife. She won't even use half of the space.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lol, I would've done the same!

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    It's all about selling you on what they have. They (ok, not all, but most reps) have their best interest when selling devices.
    Absolutely!

Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Verizon always claims or comes up with excuses as to why they don't offer something. You had to order the 32GB in store or online for the GS3. I am waiting and will stop into the ATT store this weekend and ask about the 32GB. Annoying part is my monthly service date is the 28th so I will be partial month on each service costing me more. PITA.

a person on another comment thread posted this. any thoughts? "I just talked to a Verizon rep who put her manager on the phone and said the 32GB Galaxy S4 will be carried by Verizon and they will take pre-orders for them starting next week (most likely Thursday he said). That is what I am waiting for because 16GB really means 9.5 GB"

Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

That does give me some hope, I don't mind a pre-order, but man I am on vacation from 7-10 next month and really wanted to have my new toy so I can keep an eye on work while I am having fun.

I hope it's a valid statement. There was an article posted staying verizon will most likely not release any more storage options.. Who knows what to believe now

Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

That is the problem with the internet, some offer info because they believe it, some offer it as a cruel joke and like to be that way, and many just don't know so hold on to hope, kind of like us. Saturday is a day or so away and I will check the stuff out and go from there.

I just don't care for Sense and haven't in years so getting an HTC One would be very difficult for me. I actually want the S4's bells and whistles, S-Health and many others I actually need it for real daily use.
    rohanryry likes this.

Now that some people have received their phones I was wondering out of the 16gb how much of it is actually available

It's roughly 9.5GB left over on the 16GB.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast