Att will offer 32gb Saturday April 27

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
When you take pictures with the s4 do you have the option to save the photo to the external card by default? Or do you have to manually move it to the external card.

I'm addicted to the phone

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When you take pictures with the s4 do you have the option to save the photo to the external card by default? Or do you have to manually move it to the external card.

When you out the SD card in and then click on the camera a pop up comes up on screen asking if you want to save pics to SD card

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Where did you find it at that price? Is it class 10?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

I got mine off Ebay. Funny though, right after you asked me that question, I see them on Amazon, for cheaper than that. However the reviews are 7 good and 12 bad. The bad reviews are saying that they are nothing but 4gb cards formatted to 64gb. So, right at this moment, I am running a test on one. I have one in my Nikon camera, and that is working fine. The problem others are saying is that after 4gb, they said the file is corrupted.. Will see.

Distrack

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
A att rep told me that the 32gb will be available when the phone launches in stores. So glad I canceled my pre order. The 16 gig only offers 9 gb that is usable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

16Gb is kinda short for 2013. I have too many games that wont save the extra data on the sdcard. 32Gb is a minimum for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet. Did the s3 do this as well?

yes

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe Veizon will have the 32GB available when ever they decide to start selling the phone. :)

Sorry to say, in case you missed it in another thread, Verizon has stated they will NOT sell the 32GB GS4. Just another reason to leave them and it gives no excuse as to why they are a month late.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to say, in case you missed it in another thread, Verizon has stated they will NOT sell the 32GB GS4. Just another reason to leave them and it gives no excuse as to why they are a month late.

I saw this thread and that article which doesn't attribute source. Have you seen anything more concrete confirming this? If so, that's the pits.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Nothing more, but given they pulled the 32GB S3 from stores and made it an online only thing due to poor demand gives reason for concern.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
When dealing with Verizon it's highly unlikely they would offer the 64GB version, didn't last year won't this year.

The way it looks at the moment, Verizon mIght not even offer 32gb version. They are to busy being dumba$$es telling customers they will be able to install apps to the sd card. Seriously.

starbai

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So torn....

I am really in need of a new phone... been holding myself back waiting for the release of the S4... but now the 32gb isn't out.

I dont mind waiting a few weeks if I have to... but hearing from here and elsewhere that the 32gb may not ever make it to sale. To clarify, I have and must stick with AT&T.

The most noise is with VZW for it being 16gb only but i'm skeptical about ATT beacuse I dont understand why VZW would choose not to, but ATT would choose to?

What do you guys think are the chances??? good/bad? (For 32gb ATT, S4 in Black)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Remember AT&T has said 32GB Is Coming Soon!, so they at least acknowledged it. No other US Carrier has said anything about a 32GB. I am in the same boat using an old flip phone on Verizon and porting to AT&T to get the 32GB S4.

I called into sales today and while they know its coming they just don't have a date. I was also told last week it could be May or June. Perhaps its the rumored memory chip availability issue or AT&T figures the bulk of buyers will get 16GB so handle that rush and sell all they can get, then make the 32GB available through ordering only whether its at store, online or telesales. I feel good that its coming.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Perspective for the "16gb" version is all the more relative when called "9.7gb" version. Yes, all devices have less storage than called, since format, OS and stock apps take space up. The catch is with the S4, the rom image size is so huge, it takes approaching 2gb (uncompressed) more than previous devices, hence the 9.7/16gb size.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
When you out the SD card in and then click on the camera a pop up comes up on screen asking if you want to save pics to SD card

What about video? Can you save directly to SD card, too? Shooting 1080p should eat storage space quickly. I remember reading on XDA somewhere that the S3's 720p ate up 124Mb/min of storage space. I would expect 1080p to get close to 150Mb/min. Has anybody measured/tested it?

And did anybody see any 32Gb S4 at AT&T on Saturday the 27th ...???

jpayne#AC

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
What I was told from their business care today (I don't know if it is true) but. The S4 32G will be available the first few days of May from ATT. I have a pre-order from BB....have not heard from them yet but I think I can wait a few days and see what happens before I jump to a 16G

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
One more time folks. Verizon did NOT move the 32gb from stores due to low sales. It actual sold better than expected. They are making room in stores for new products and positioning the 16gb S3 as an entry device for that segment at $99 with two year contract. Not going to do that with a 32gb.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
One more time folks. Verizon did NOT move the 32gb from stores due to low sales. It actual sold better than expected. They are making room in stores for new products and positioning the 16gb S3 as an entry device for that segment at $99 with two year contract. Not going to do that with a 32gb.

Yep, you can get the 16GB S3 for $39.88 (Verizon and AT&T) at Wally World. Obviously a 2 year contract is required.

- - - Updated - - -

What about video? Can you save directly to SD card, too? Shooting 1080p should eat storage space quickly. I remember reading on XDA somewhere that the S3's 720p ate up 124Mb/min of storage space. I would expect 1080p to get close to 150Mb/min. Has anybody measured/tested it?

And did anybody see any 32Gb S4 at AT&T on Saturday the 27th ...???

Yes, you can save video to the card as well.

Rim85

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got one on Saturday, the 27th, from AT&T. 16GB, black + 32GB card. Also got an extra charger and a silver-ish incipio case + zagg screen protector. I bit on the AT&T special and got the phone essentially for free for buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 for $300.00. Also they nailed me to change to AT&T Universe...all in all I was there for like 2 hrs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12