OMG just activated my new Galaxy S4

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Lucky You!

I switched from iPhone 4s.. to Note 2... after 2 weeks I went back to my iPhone and i'm regretting it.. now I just can't decide between the Note 2 and S4.. both amazing phones.. and both better than my current phone LOL :)

enjoy! please take pix and share with us! cause i'm very jelly!

Welcome aboard the crazy train (as Ozzy Osborne would say) and as someone who has flip/flopped between iOS and Android many times I see the allure of both systems and why its tought to choose. Ultimately Android always gets me back (and a costly return it is selling your iPhone and paying retail, but oh well). I had the GN2 on Verizon, great phone except for the bootloader crap Verizon pulled and the limited internal storage, never again on 16GB of space.

That said, the GS4 is a great phone and if you are looking to wait for a Galaxy Note, you should get the GN3 or the GS4. Those are the two big choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Lucky You!

I switched from iPhone 4s.. to Note 2... after 2 weeks I went back to my iPhone and i'm regretting it.. now I just can't decide between the Note 2 and S4.. both amazing phones.. and both better than my current phone LOL :)

enjoy! please take pix and share with us! cause i'm very jelly!

Welcome aboard the crazy train (as Ozzy Osborne would say) and as someone who has flip/flopped between iOS and Android many times I see the allure of both systems and why its tought to choose. Ultimately Android always gets me back (and a costly return it is selling your iPhone and paying retail, but oh well). I had the GN2 on Verizon, great phone except for the bootloader crap Verizon pulled and the limited internal storage, never again on 16GB of space.

That said, the GS4 is a great phone and if you are looking to wait for a Galaxy Note, you should get the GN3 or the GS4. Those are the two big choices.

Garth W

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I thought i might keep my 4S for a while to see if i like the S4, funny, apple is backwards compared to the S4(4S) lol
My 4S is going on Epay tonight, no regrets no turning back just after one day of having this awesome phone!. And I'm using it literally all day in my work. This phone was beyond easy for me to change over too, getting my 500 business contacts from my iphone to the S4 was a quick easy breeze and everything else took very little time. its was the easiest transition i have done.
I love it!!!

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I thought i might keep my 4S for a while to see if i like the S4, funny, apple is backwards compared to the S4(4S) lol
My 4S is going on Epay tonight, no regrets no turning back just after one day of having this awesome phone!. And I'm using it literally all day in my work. This phone was beyond easy for me to change over too, getting my 500 business contacts from my iphone to the S4 was a quick easy breeze and everything else took very little time. its was the easiest transition i have done.
I love it!!!

I just posted a new thread on this - how did you transition your contacts from your iPhone over to the S4? they couldnt' do it for me at the store =/

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Kind of makes me wish I hadn't bought the S3, now i have to wait forever before I can upgrade. :(

Well you could just buy a S4 through Verizons payment plan and pay it off over 12months (or less). Ebay/Craigslist your S3 and it will help pay for the S4. That is if you're with Verizon.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just posted a new thread on this - how did you transition your contacts from your iPhone over to the S4? they couldnt' do it for me at the store =/

You can sync your contacts with Microsoft Outlook, export the CSV file from Outlook and save it on your computer desktop, then upload it to your Gmail through Gmail.com and BOOM all your contacts are there!

Once you sync your iPhone contacts to Outlook via iTunes, then follow this

Export Outlook Contacts to Google Gmail - Outlook - Office.com

Garth W

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
The easiest way is to load itunes with your device and under info select sync with google instead of cloud or computor. If you can't do it there, you will have to go into your settings on your phone and change sync with google there. Once you do that you can sync all your contacts to your Samsung and Whalla, they are on your new phone. You have to set up a gmail account if you dont have one.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks all
do you sync like you do an apple? how please

This is something android needs. An android like iTunes that will have all your music movies videos and apps also a universal back up and restore (yes I know CWM recovery but that's not for the everyday user). I think that move people would come over to android if they did.

darthmel66

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
lol that's how i feel. so it look that good i just spoke to a ATT rep and i got my early full up i hope to go to the store to perches this phone.

Nedla

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
just a quick note reference transferring contacts i downloaded easy phone sync and it was so simple to transfer my contacts to my S4 from my 4s

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
This is something android needs. An android like iTunes that will have all your music movies videos and apps also a universal back up and restore (yes I know CWM recovery but that's not for the everyday user). I think that move people would come over to android if they did.

Oh I hope this doesn't happen. The fact that Android does not require an iTunes-like program to move files is a major reason I own an Android phone. I'm not a fan of cloud technology either.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Well??? You opted for the S4????

Yes I did! I was bummed that I couldn't get it when I went to the AT&T store yesterday, so I was thinking it wasn't meant to be.. so I went about my Day until RackDaddy on here posted that Best Buy Mobile was selling them.. so I called to see.. and I said to myself - if they say yes they are selling the S4 and have it in stock and will sell to me It was meant for me to get it..

So the rest was history lol :p

I'm really enjoying the phone... Missed my note 2, but you are right - it's the perfect size.. it's super light.. and as for the 16GB (9GB being available for internal storage).. that is more than enough for me as i'm not a heavy app user (I'm more of a super heavy picture/music person) so It works out perfectly for me (MicroSD card for my pictures will be enough).. I'm just waiting for my MicroSD Card to come in the mail so I can put all my pictures and music on my phone..

I am so happy that I have switched from the iPhone 4S - it's a great change and very much needed. A Few of my iPhone friends have made fun of me, but i'm taking that with a grain of salt because I KNOW how awesome this phone is compared to what I had.. I don't have to squint my eyes any more and pinch around the screen to zoom every few seconds lol.. and OMG I LOVE the camera! I can capture so many amazing pictures of my babies lol..

I guess you can tell I am happy haha :)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did! I was bummed that I couldn't get it when I went to the AT&T store yesterday, so I was thinking it wasn't meant to be.. so I went about my Day until RackDaddy on here posted that Best Buy Mobile was selling them.. so I called to see.. and I said to myself - if they say yes they are selling the S4 and have it in stock and will sell to me It was meant for me to get it..

So the rest was history lol :p

I'm really enjoying the phone... Missed my note 2, but you are right - it's the perfect size.. it's super light.. and as for the 16GB (9GB being available for internal storage).. that is more than enough for me as i'm not a heavy app user (I'm more of a super heavy picture/music person) so It works out perfectly for me (MicroSD card for my pictures will be enough).. I'm just waiting for my MicroSD Card to come in the mail so I can put all my pictures and music on my phone..

I am so happy that I have switched from the iPhone 4S - it's a great change and very much needed. A Few of my iPhone friends have made fun of me, but i'm taking that with a grain of salt because I KNOW how awesome this phone is compared to what I had.. I don't have to squint my eyes any more and pinch around the screen to zoom every few seconds lol.. and OMG I LOVE the camera! I can capture so many amazing pictures of my babies lol..

I guess you can tell I am happy haha :)

Congrats to you! Thanks for the response!

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity! Why did y'all choose the S4 instead of the HTC One ?

for me, It was personal preference. I had been reading up on both phones, looking at youtube videos and looking at both forums and despite all the S4 vs HTC One bashing, I wanted to wait till I saw it in person and I just honestly preferred the S4. I liked the camera functions and all the candy coated features it had and it was just what I needed and appealed to me the most. Not that the One wasn't capable, but it was just personal preference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers