OMG just activated my new Galaxy S4

Garth W

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I WAS a die hard apple guy until now, this phone rocks the socks off of Snapple. I went from a 4S and instead of getting a 5 i went with Samsung, glad i did!
Question, How to i sync and get apps?
How do i transfer all my phone numbers
Im trying to remove the handcuffed apple procedures out of my brain and not sure where to start
thanks for any help

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I too switched from an I phone to android, but that was 3 or 4 years ago and I've not considered going back after the first two or three weeks.
You should expect a little frustration as you transition but once you get past that you will not look back. Congrats!

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Can you adjust screen brightness by sliding your finger across the notification bar? I currently have an S2 waiting to get the S4 and I really liked that feature in the S2.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I WAS a die hard apple guy until now, this phone rocks the socks off of Snapple. I went from a 4S and instead of getting a 5 i went with Samsung, glad i did!
Im trying to remove the handcuffed apple procedures out of my brain and not sure where to start
thanks for any help

Congratulations fella!! I only wish i was as lucky as you. I wont receive mine for a few more weeks and i cant wait!!

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
With the latest phones, swipe down from the top, and there is a slider bar to adjust brightness, as well as a check-box to turn on/off auto-brightness.

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
With the latest phones, swipe down from the top, and there is a slider bar to adjust brightness, as well as a check-box to turn on/off auto-brightness.

And to clarify, if it's like the S III, the swipe across the notification bar will not work. So it's easy to do, but it requires two swipes, not one.

Do you have an S II that's updated to 4.1? I haven't checked if that trick still works after the update (and I don't currently have access to the device), but I'm guessing it does not.

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
do you sync like you do an apple? how please

In general, you don't sync like with Apple (using a cable to your computer). Google can store your contacts and calendar, and the rest depends on what you want.

I use iSyncr to keep my music synchronized, but that's because I make pretty heavy use of Smart Playlists. Otherwise you can simply copy over.

There's also Samsung Kies and a number of other options (just search the forum ... it comes up a lot), but it really depends on what you want to synchronize.

DuStU

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Can you adjust screen brightness by sliding your finger across the notification bar? I currently have an S2 waiting to get the S4 and I really liked that feature in the S2.

No but you won't miss it. I moved to the s3 from the s2 and they moved the slider to the notification bar. Also when you are in a video you slide up and down on the left side of the video that is brightness the right side is volume. I am not 100% sure this has migrated to the s4 but I wouldn't be surprised if it has. Getting mine next week!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow, you are going to have fun! BUT, you may get frustrated too - I went from my iPhone 4 to an S3 and nearly took it back. I persevered though, and after about a month (!) I ended up loving it! So, if you find yourself getting annoyed, just be patient - android is very different, but the Sammy has so many lovely little touches you will love it in the end. Apple seriously needs to update iOS now to catch Samsung/HTC/Sony/Etc up....

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Lucky You!

I switched from iPhone 4s.. to Note 2... after 2 weeks I went back to my iPhone and i'm regretting it.. now I just can't decide between the Note 2 and S4.. both amazing phones.. and both better than my current phone LOL :)

enjoy! please take pix and share with us! cause i'm very jelly!

mrsroboto

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I am right there with you. This is insane going from the iphone 4 to this - woweeee. So glad I didn't just stick with iphone out of laziness. But I do have a lot to learn now. I love how customizable it is - but I just need to somehow learn what all I can do and how.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
thanks for any help

"rocks the socks off of Snapple" lmao!! I'm going to have to steal that lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49