[GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?

Raees84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Two issues with my phone:

1. My phone display randomly lights up
2. The S-view screen (black) randomly appears, and i don't have an S-View cover.

Please help?
R

Raees84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issues around the S View screen! I don't have a phone cover

BUG 1 - the S-VIEW screen pops up on keeping the phone with a thump on a padded surface. (NO RESOLUTION YET)

BUG 2 - the phone reboots on clicking on the camera icon. It doesnt happen always but has happened a couple of times since yesterday. Also the camera app takes too long to open up sometimes.

OBSERVATION: While connected to the carphone - the bluetooth just disconnected (never happened even once with my other phone...i had to turn bluetooth off and then to get it back. i'll keep a watch of this issue and post if reappears

Question - how to turn off the KEYPAD sounds without muting the phone?
Question - does the camera aperture not work like iphone camera - i.e point at a dark spot and the frame brightens up? (though i like all the options of the GS4 camera - i am missing my iphone camera which was dependable and quick!! ) - hope these are teething issues and samsung will fix
question -is it possible to turn the developer option off?

PS - just got my 32gig sandisk 10 card...

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's a bug or not, but my Watch On app is continuously running. I have to manually force it to stop. And then later, it will just randomly start back up again. I've had the phone since it came out and it has just recently started this.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I've come across a couple of bugs and glitches in my short time with this handset. None of them game breaking, but the latest one was, closed an app and instead (through recent apps) of it going back to the apps menu it went home and did a reboot of the widgets (similar to when explorer crashes on a PC). Maybe some future update will sort stuff like this out. Great phone though :D

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's a bug or not, but my Watch On app is continuously running. I have to manually force it to stop. And then later, it will just randomly start back up again. I've had the phone since it came out and it has just recently started this.

Go into settings and there is a setting like show in notification center and one other one that's similar unchecked those and it will stop.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

puggz

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
i got very annoying bug in my S4.
I am not able to share music file while being in music player. It does not shows option 'share via'.
There is an option 'Via Bluetooth' ; but when i click on it , it doesnt show even already paired bluetooth device.
everytime when i need to share music file , i have to go to my files and then search that song and share.

Someone please suggest, if there is any fix or workaround for it.

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I used the watch on remote, at first it works then all the channels disappeared. I turned it off and still the same. No channels in master list.. I called my provider to get things work again. I disabled the watch on again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have an Air View bug. Occassionally the phone thinks my finger is dancing all over the screen which causes the Air View stuff to freak out. It's only happened twice, and in the messaging app only from what I remember

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Go into settings and there is a setting like show in notification center and one other one that's similar unchecked those and it will stop.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Thanks. I do that with all my other apps. Not sure why I didn't think of that lol

I think because it just started happening randomly it kinda threw me off.

Raees84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Have the same issue... can't find a damn fix for it.

Starting to hate the phone...

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone else experienced the 'black clock screen' drop which kicks you out of browsing/gaming from time to time? Seems my 'Adapt display' setting, may be causing it...

Having the same issue with mine...can't find a fix anywhere!

Raees84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug. I've had the S4 for 5 days. Last night it froze, locked up with a black screen and only the clock showing. Nothing I could do would get into the phone. After a few minutes, the lock screen showed and I could get in, but then it did this several more times within 30 minutes. I have Juice Defender and Power Saver mode both working, could they be in conflict? This is the first problem I have seen with this phone

Having the same issue...really frustrating and i can't find a fix anywhere

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Basically, same as my last post in this thread
Sometimes when viewing my email inbox Air View goes mental and keeps triggering the Air Preview function. But it acts as if my fingers are dancing all over the screen, when in fact my fingers are nowhere. Just recently happened when the phone was just sitting down (after I'd signed back into email) and I was standing away from it.
Anyway to stop this, or should I just turn off Air View till it's patched? Doesn't happen anywhere else that uses Air View

EDIT: IT's the last bug in the vid

Last edited:

pvsarun

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
hai I am using my s4.some time when a call comes in i can't switch the call on but the call is being rejected instead of switching it on it ends the call.pls help me friends.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I hate how icons sometimes disappears from folders when doing an update of the app in play store

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21