[GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
So far I've only had Quadrant Standard Edition crash on me, otherwise I its been smooth sailing, thoroughly enjoying the device.

The ONLY thing that had me a little irritated was the animations/transitions speed, so here's what I did:

Settings -More tab -About Phone -went down to Build Number -tapped it 7times and it enabled Developer Options -Developer Options now shows up under Time and Date- went into it and scrolled down to the Window Animation Scale etc... options and set all to 0.5x, now the transitions are fast. :)

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If I'm listening to music (Samsung Music App) using the headphones, and yank the headphones out of the jack, sometimes the music will continue to play through the loudspeaker for a split second before pausing.

ndcnrb

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this a bug or I missed something. When the phone goes into locked screen mode, after a while the photo goes away and then the message "no photo selected" appears on my screen. I can not find out where to fix this. Is it a screen saver that has no photos?

ndcnrb

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this a bug or I missed something. When the phone goes into locked screen mode, after a while the photo goes away and then the message "no photo selected" appears on my screen. I can not find out where to fix this. Is it a screen saver that has no photos?
Turns out I had turned on the Daydream mode, Turned it off , end of problem.

Cookyy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
My s voice doesn't work. It instantly says sorry I didn't hear that please say it again. I press the button and the same happens again. No chance to say anything.
After this any app that use the mic won't work. Eg video recording. I have to clear the ram to make everything work again. (Apart from s voice of course) Any ideas?

Reformed IOS User

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
The WatchON app, especially the updated version, works only with the initial device you set up (TV/Projector). Any subsequent devices you add asks you to tap the button below--but there is no button to tap at all! Original version did not have this issue.

Also, supposedly I should be able to add my own stereo and stuff. But the only options I see are TV, DVD Player, AV Receiver, Streaming Device and something else. No option for stereos at all. Feeling very disappointed at this supposedly 'killer app'

Got the same bug
There is no power button when you try to add devices
Also sharp is not listed at tv mfg

deltasig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that my weather channel app crashes every time I open it, other than that I put Nova Launcher Pro on and hid all the bloatware apps which since I'm on Sprint is not many :)

deltasig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
just use google search so much better than the Samsung apps that wants to be Google Apps, like S-Translate is no where near as good and accurate as Google Translate

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the ATT S4. Anyone else noticing HUGE lag in the gallery app after using it for even just about a min? Tried turning a bunch of the extra features off and it didnt help. No other problems with the phone though.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the ATT S4. Anyone else noticing HUGE lag in the gallery app after using it for even just about a min? Tried turning a bunch of the extra features off and it didnt help. No other problems with the phone though.

I have the AT&T S4, have not noticed any lag just the issues I've posted earlier in this thread. No lag for me though in the gallery or anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Corey Sheldon

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a question, not sure it's a bug or not, or just me doing something wrong.

When I had the note 2 and I went on a website and downloaded a font I was able to use it... but with the S4, went to the same site to download the same font.. I could see it when I go in my settings to change the font, but when I press OK to select it.. it says "Font not available"

Does S4 support different file type? (the font was .apk)

Don't have s4 yet but with the 3 you could just install via package installer (use your file browser to select it)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Not bug but on app2sd... says no external card. .. No way to move apps to sd...? didn't see in application manager either...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I looked into that not to long ago. Turns out on jelly bean you can only install apps to the internal memory. May have been that way since ICS. I might be wrong but I think that's how it is now.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Don't have s4 yet but with the 3 you could just install via package installer (use your file browser to select it)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what you mean by package installer via file browser?

The website I got the font from automatically downloads.& installs the font.

I tried getting font from the playstore just to see and I'm still getting the same message. (Font not available)

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone, Having used my New S4 for now 4 hours, only problem occured to me is slight temperature on the top end of the phone.
Is anyone else is experiencing the same. if so please update others..

Always funny when people say this. It is a computer with cpus that get hot. If you use your phone it is going to get warm. There are no fans inside for cooling either so heat will build the more you use it. Every phone, tablet, and computer does the same thing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nidal Mustafa

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Smart stay/pause won't work. Even when smart stay/pause/scroll is switched off the eye icon is constantly displayed in the notification bar. However smart scroll works smoothly. And this does not interfere with secondary camera being used in the camera app.

Enabling magnification gestures slows down the phone and the touch response becomes really bad.

Samsung soon has to rectify these bugs and release an update.

deltasig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
when im using instagram and i hit to HDR a picture im editing it does that and turns alot of it green... dunno why

why would you even use HDR for instagram anyways!? Instagram makes great photos worse and using HDR photos for instagram is even worse!

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
why would you even use HDR for instagram anyways!? Instagram makes great photos worse and using HDR photos for instagram is even worse!

I use Hdr on my photos in instagram because depending on what I uploaded it makes the picture better.
For example shows more definition on muscles etc..great for those like me who like to see progression... and other things too..

Anywho I dont think it should matter why we use the hdr button. If its there and it makes my pictures how I want it to, why not

But I am also having that same problem. Not sure what happened

Last edited: