Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 19 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation [GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?

Everyone hates bugs! No not the type you splat, squish or run from and scream I'm talking about hardware or software related bugs. So here is the thread to report, discuss and attempt to resolve them within. Try and include which carrier/region specific phone your posting about so everyone understands which your referring to.

Screenshot are worth a million words so if possible provide them along with any other important info.

Enjoy!
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    Al3xColantuoni likes this.

Default Re: [GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?

i know previous galaxy phones dint support exFAT format on sd card
    will gs4 support it?

I don't get my phone till tomorrow. Is that a bug?
    Thanked by:
    kwips 

Hello Everyone, Having used my New S4 for now 4 hours, only problem occured to me is slight temperature on the top end of the phone.
    Is anyone else is experiencing the same. if so please update others..

Happened to me too but I'm pretty sure it was all the initial syncing with contacts and everything. It's all fine now :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nabil_Silva View Post
    i know previous galaxy phones dint support exFAT format on sd card
    will gs4 support it?
    S3 supports exFat, so S4 will as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    3dsmax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaede177 View Post
    Happened to me too but I'm pretty sure it was all the initial syncing with contacts and everything. It's all fine now :-)

Yes, I think it was initial sync too. Now its completely ok.
    Battery is good.( its one first charge cycle. it will get better after 3-4 full charge.)
    Display is awesome. I kinda feel it better than S3 (Sensitivity & Brightness.)
    No Freeze or crashes so far. Played new Iron Man game for nearly 30min.
    Not used to all fancy features yet like smart pause,scroll n all. Air gesture will take bit practice, but handy to answer the phone without touching the screen.
    Myself, after using Iphone for 3 years, this is my first switch to android phone. n so far, no complains. totally new experience.
    Hope all gets their delivery of S4 on time.
    Cheers to everyone.

Global Posts
    5,943 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralBorg View Post
    I guess the 'Air Features' don't o sell sometimes.
    Such as checking the time when the device is off, may not work as expected.
    I've also heard that TouchWiz UX 2.0 isn't really optimized greatly, yet.
    Such as it delaying input, its not a slow device, just the optimization with the software.

These aren't bugs, but would like to point it out.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    Not to mention secondhand speculation from someone who doesn't have the phone. Really, what's the point of even posting that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Note II SGH-i317 stock 4.3
    Nexus 10 stock 4.4.3
    Galaxy Gear MK7
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)
    Thanked by:
    .jpg 
    byeblackberry and crester like this.

I have a question, not sure it's a bug or not, or just me doing something wrong.

When I had the note 2 and I went on a website and downloaded a font I was able to use it... but with the S4, went to the same site to download the same font.. I could see it when I go in my settings to change the font, but when I press OK to select it.. it says "Font not available"

Does S4 support different file type? (the font was .apk)

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralBorg View Post
    Just for note.
    You are right, it isn't a bug, but I did imply that in the end of the post.
    Some people may be interested in how the gestures work.
    People might be interested if the software is well implemented in Android. As it might improve.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    I think most would rather hear it from someone who actually has the phone is what he was saying. And he's right, by the way.

Thanked by 2:
    .jpgcrester 
    crester likes this.

Ive experienced lag between home screen and app drawer, and the camera crashed.
    I've had the phone for 2 hours.
    Thanked by:

I just tried to use the keek app. And realized the videos are distorted green with lines. I tried recording in app as well as on the camera and upload but it still looks like this. Anyone else experiencing this?

The camera is working fine though but only noticed this happening in the keek app.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?-uploadfromtaptalk1367083897996.jpg   [GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?-uploadfromtaptalk1367083911841.jpg  

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FitMomXtine View Post
    I just tried to use the keek app. And realized the videos are distorted green with lines. I tried recording in app as well as on the camera and upload but it still looks like this. Anyone else experiencing this?

The camera is working fine though but only noticed this happening in the keek app.

Any ideas?

Could be due to the screen resolution .. Not too many apps support 1080P...yet

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Current Devices: Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, iPhone 5. Soon HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by youngaceatlanta View Post
    Could be due to the screen resolution .. Not too many apps support 1080P...yet

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Its weird because my friend also just got the S 4 & it works fine for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdubl View Post
    I think most would rather hear it from someone who actually has the phone is what he was saying. And he's right, by the way.

Could be Samsung paying people to bash Samsung. Punishment for their little HTC stunt.

The WatchON app, especially the updated version, works only with the initial device you set up (TV/Projector). Any subsequent devices you add asks you to tap the button below--but there is no button to tap at all! Original version did not have this issue.

Also, supposedly I should be able to add my own stereo and stuff. But the only options I see are TV, DVD Player, AV Receiver, Streaming Device and something else. No option for stereos at all. Feeling very disappointed at this supposedly 'killer app'

Any ideas?

when im using instagram and i hit to HDR a picture im editing it does that and turns alot of it green... dunno why
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    when im using instagram and i hit to HDR a picture im editing it does that and turns alot of it green... dunno why
    I just tried that and mine did too. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

Experiencing blackout on my phone. My phone exits to screen saver mode and will be stuck there for 5 seconds or more.
    Can still switch on and off but will stay on that screen saver for 5 seconds.
    Anyone experiencing the same problem?
    Thanks.

I just tried that and mine did too. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

i tried reporting the problem in the app and i keep getting an error that it wont send.. glad its not just me.. looks like instagram needs to fix something..
    i was going to make a seperate thread about this but didnt get a chance to yet

So far I've only had Quadrant Standard Edition crash on me, otherwise I its been smooth sailing, thoroughly enjoying the device.

The ONLY thing that had me a little irritated was the animations/transitions speed, so here's what I did:

Settings -More tab -About Phone -went down to Build Number -tapped it 7times and it enabled Developer Options -Developer Options now shows up under Time and Date- went into it and scrolled down to the Window Animation Scale etc... options and set all to 0.5x, now the transitions are fast.
    Samsung GALAXY S 4 32GB Exynos Octa Black Mist
    Samsung GALAXY S II 16GB Ceramic White
    Apple iPad4 WiFi+3G/LTE 16GB
    Thanked by 6:
    ihbsbA likes this.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

If I'm listening to music (Samsung Music App) using the headphones, and yank the headphones out of the jack, sometimes the music will continue to play through the loudspeaker for a split second before pausing.
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Question Re: [GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?

I'm not sure if this a bug or I missed something. When the phone goes into locked screen mode, after a while the photo goes away and then the message "no photo selected" appears on my screen. I can not find out where to fix this. Is it a screen saver that has no photos?

Quote Originally Posted by ndcnrb View Post
    I'm not sure if this a bug or I missed something. When the phone goes into locked screen mode, after a while the photo goes away and then the message "no photo selected" appears on my screen. I can not find out where to fix this. Is it a screen saver that has no photos?
    Turns out I had turned on the Daydream mode, Turned it off , end of problem.

My s voice doesn't work. It instantly says sorry I didn't hear that please say it again. I press the button and the same happens again. No chance to say anything.
    After this any app that use the mic won't work. Eg video recording. I have to clear the ram to make everything work again. (Apart from s voice of course) Any ideas?
Page 1 of 19 1234 ... LastLast