Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By omniusovermind
  • 1 Post By GS4Bob
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Re: Another great series of reviews

It is all a matter of preference for design and functionality. It would appear that some of the opinions were not based upon final production device. IMO, design, the camera and using the phone to listen to music are secondary as I need a device whose performance will get me through a business day. The GS4 is clearly more focused on the user experience. The One is a great device but does not meet my needs. The One should have been released with the most current version of JB which would have made the choice more difficult.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

That's a really good comparison.
    I would probably switch over to the one based on that review but coming from an I phone, I want the swap-able battery and sd card
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    It is all a matter of preference for design and functionality. It would appear that some of the opinions were not based upon final production device. IMO, design, the camera and using the phone to listen to music are secondary as I need a device whose performance will get me through a business day. The GS4 is clearly more focused on the user experience. The One is a great device but does not meet my needs. The One should have been released with the most current version of JB which would have made the choice more difficult.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    Actually I found out HTC is selling a carrier unlocked One for under $600 which has LTE on all bands. It's the same version of JB however all future updates will come from HTC instead of manufacturer + carrier
    Topgonzo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    The One should have been released with the most current version of JB which would have made the choice more difficult.
    If you don't mind me asking, what is it about 4.2 that might sway your decision enough to consider an HTC One if it did come with the latest OS? I'm not aware of all the features that 4.2 has that the previous versions don't, but I know you'll be missing DayDream and Expandable notifications.

I guess that my point was that, if you are releasing a premium smartphone, you should have enough sense, no pun intended, to include the most current OS version. You have a great design with no expandable memory or removable battery and don't boost the battery. The focus of the One seems less on performance/function and the user experience and more on design.

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed IOS User View Post
    That's a really good comparison.
    I would probably switch over to the one based on that review but coming from an I phone, I want the swap-able battery and sd card
    So you're tell us the ONE doesn't have a changeable battery nor an sd card? OMG!!
    Thank you for pointing that out.... game, set, match.
    Glad I'm getting the GS4.
    Raptor007 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Oh but the HTC One does have those, in CHINA. Yup in CHINA.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Oh but the HTC One does have those, in CHINA. Yup in CHINA.
    Someone's not happy with the world's upcoming next superpower...

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Someone's not happy with the world's upcoming next superpower...
    Sure it may be an upcoming superpower, but why only give China the special version. I'm doubting that China is the most popular market for HTC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Why are they great reviews? Because they favor the One?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    Sure it may be an upcoming superpower, but why only give China the special version. I'm doubting that China is the most popular market for HTC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I'm going to guess it's because they look like they're going to be the largest new frontier for device sales. The European and NA markets are pretty saturated now.