Any Idea on how to get auto correct to work?

Kyle Thayer

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
When I am texting others, none of my words are being auto corrected. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to turn this feature on? I havent touched anything right out of the box.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Just read in another thread it was turned off due to an apple law suit. I just installed swift key from the market. Miss the dedicated number row but the correction is working great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

texasotts

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey is what made my switch from apple this past fall smooth. It learns as you type so the more you use it the better it gets. I cannot stand the stock Samsung keyboard. I have even learned to love the swipe feature on SwiftKey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

texasotts

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
You can use the trial version and decide if you want to purchase it first. That's what I did. I would buy it again if I had to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

That's a different keyboard, Swype. My personal opinion is that Swype is the best, so I'm not going to talk you out of it. (SwiftKey now supports swipe-based input, as well, but they aren't nearly as good about it yet.)

There's also the normal Android keyboard which I really like. It's available for free. (I haven't actually tried the keyboard I linked to, just that of stock Android. They should be the same.)

Some people swear by SwiftKey but it simply makes me appreciate Swype even more when I'm using it. (Especially if you watch the dozen or so demo videos showing all the little touches.)

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
That's a different keyboard, Swype. My personal opinion is that Swype is the best, so I'm not going to talk you out of it. (SwiftKey now supports swipe-based input, as well, but they aren't nearly as good about it yet.)

There's also the normal Android keyboard which I really like. It's available for free. (I haven't actually tried the keyboard I linked to, just that of stock Android. They should be the same.)

Some people swear by SwiftKey but it simply makes me appreciate Swype even more when I'm using it. (Especially if you watch the dozen or so demo videos showing all the little touches.)

Whoops, I got them confused ! :-[ I'm liking Swype a lot though! I am instantly hooked, with all the themes and options, hopefully they make an emoji integration in the future :p

brnc

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty ridiculous the phone doesn't have autocorrect. I have read it's due to the Apple lawsuits. Regardless, swiftkey is very good, it just sucks you have to pay for a function that should be there stock.

Helpful tip: change the long press time to 200ms or so. Makes typing so much faster, and virtually eliminates having to go to symbol mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36