How to set google calendar as default?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have always used the gmail calendar. I cannot remember if there is a default setting for which calendar you use or if it just remembers after a few times of picking the gmail calendar. (The one with your gmail account).

In any event, it is not hard to use the calendar you want.

Sent from my Nexus 4

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
There is a setting that you can disable the Samsung calendar and just use Google.
It can be done.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

John McRee

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Any details here would be helpful. On the S3 I could disable the Samsung calendar. The disable button is inactive on the S4 for the calendar app. So, when I get a calendar invite from a co-worker, the Samsung calendar is launched when I accept or reject the invite. It's very frustrating.

ABCHI_Reuben

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Have this same problem. Downloaded an app that allows me to set defaults easily and made Google Cal default, but it still doesn't even show up as an option when I want to accept Calendar invites from others via email... Accepting meeting invites isn't working as well. Any help out there on this???

Scottflorida

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have same problem. While using s voice to create calendar event it uses whatever acount it wants. This is a problem as I have 5 shared calendars. I want it to go to my personal Gmail calendar but I can't find a setting to do so. Any help would he appreciated.

Scottflorida

May 6, 2014
Visit site
So I fixed my problem. S voice uses the last calendar added. So I had to remove my regular Gmail account and then Re add it. It's a pain because everything has to be Re synced. This will suck if you have to do this every time you add a shared calendar.