Samsung S4 for dummies? Or Android in general for dummies

mrsroboto

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming over from iphone land. While this phone is amazing it is also really different. It seems like there are so many options - something the iphone did NOT have and I don't even know what all of the options are - or how to do them! Is there some really good guide - online or an amazon Kindle book or something someone has created that is a good tutorial to learning the ropes?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming over from iphone land. While this phone is amazing it is also really different. It seems like there are so many options - something the iphone did NOT have and I don't even know what all of the options are - or how to do them! Is there some really good guide - online or an amazon Kindle book or something someone has created that is a good tutorial to learning the ropes?

Yes it can be overwhelming for iOS converts. Do not give up! Give it a good three weeks! Also in another thread someone posted up the operators manual. I recommend you look it over. If you try to wing it on the features, you may be overwhelmed. Take some time to read up on android and touch wiz. It will pay off.

Sent from my Nexus 4

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes it can be overwhelming for iOS converts. Do not give up! Give it a good three weeks! Also in another thread someone posted up the operators manual. I recommend you look it over. If you try to wing it on the features, you may be overwhelmed. Take some time to read up on android and touch wiz. It will pay off.

Sent from my Nexus 4

It can be hard coming from other platforms period lol... Before android i was a blackberry user and what a difference. I won't go back. I love android. My husband is a die hard apple guy. I play with his phone every now and then but iPhone is not for me. iPods on the other hand i love lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Agreed with all. I've a frequent OS switcher. If I had the money, I'd keep an iPhone and Android close by together. But iOS offers far less options than Android. And that can be seen as a positive and negative depending on the user. Some users don't really care about having a lot of control over minor details of their device. And they don't have to. They can ignore if they but the thing is that there are some benefical things there that they can tweak that wasn't even an option on iOS. But for users that like to mess around with settings and optimize to their standards, this is awesome. So it does just take some getting use to. Both OS are a totally different approach but at the end of the day, we all still facebook, text, tweet, calls and take pictures LOL.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to A|C, mrsroboto.

This is a bit dated, but should still be pretty helpful: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html

This thread should have a lot of useful information for you: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/31622-getting-started-android-tips-tricks.html

And this is for an earlier version of Touchwiz, on the Galaxy S3, but I think much of it will still be valid, and it will help give you a feel for how TW works: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/186165-touchwiz-nature-ux-definitive-guide.html

Finally, there's a lot of great information in the blog entries (you might start here: Help, How-To, and Tips for Android | Android Central ) and in these forums. I'd suggest reading, and reading some more. And don't hesitate to ask questions. Unlike some forums, you'll find we're pretty welcoming to "noobs" and are happy to help.

Other than that,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig