Just used the galaxy s4 this is the phone to beat.....

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I went to AT&T this morning first thing to play with S4. I feels great in the hand. super light, look great, really liked it.
But the phone right next to it was the HTC One. I pulled up apple.com and google.com because both are Very white sites.
As much as I LOVED the S4 after touching it and playing with it for a few minutes, I can't stand the screen. WHITE IS NOT WHITE on it.
Reminds me of the old Clorox commercials, Which one is Whiter? Samsung can NOT render a TRUE white. when you hold the HTC One or iPhone up next to the S4, you have to be color blind to think samsung color is correct.
Sorry. I'm not bashing samsung as being crappy, the phone is amazing. The screen color accuracy, not there. It has popping colors and great blacks. It can not do WHITE.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I went to AT&T this morning first thing to play with S4. I feels great in the hand. super light, look great, really liked it.
But the phone right next to it was the HTC One. I pulled up apple.com and google.com because both are Very white sites.
As much as I LOVED the S4 after touching it and playing with it for a few minutes, I can't stand the screen. WHITE IS NOT WHITE on it.
Reminds me of the old Clorox commercials, Which one is Whiter? Samsung can NOT render a TRUE white. when you hold the HTC One or iPhone up next to the S4, you have to be color blind to think samsung color is correct.
Sorry. I'm not bashing samsung as being crappy, the phone is amazing. The screen color accuracy, not there. It has popping colors and great blacks. It can not do WHITE.

As I recall the power save mode is set to ON by default with the in store display Galaxy's,, when the power save mode is ON whites do not look white, they look dingy like dirty laundry,,,,when I turn the power saver mode OFF on my Note 2 the Apple website is very very white,,, same thing with the Google home page.

As a past iphone owner I would agree that the whites are better on the iPhone 5 than the Galaxy's,,, but they aren't that much better as long as you have the Galaxy power save mode set to OFF.

I'm willing to bet the GS4 you checked out at ATT had the power save mode set to ON as that will make whites look bad on any Galaxy phone.

As far as color accuracy, changing the color modes of the Galaxy will greatly change the way colors look,,,,the Dynamic, Standard, Natural, and Movie color modes all change the colors and saturation,,,, I think the in store Galaxy's are set to Dynamic by default.

Cheers
Davyo

Last edited:

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
when you hold the HTC One or iPhone up next to the S4, you have to be color blind to think samsung color is correct.

sometime's the most "accurate' colors isn't what we want......I personally love the colors that pop out and stimulates your eyes...almost better than real life

SH0201

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I was an Apple fanboy - still am as I still have my Macbook Pro and iPad, however atfer seeing all the youtube clips on the S.Galaxy S4 I decided I would give it a try even though I had just got the iPhone 5!!
3 days in and LOVING it!!!
It is a great phone with so many more options and do not regret it. I recommend this phone especially to any Apple fanatic out there.............

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Whatever phone you have.....producing light or white colors tend to drain the battery life of the phone quicker over time. With that said, I'd rather have a phone that produces better blacks than whites.

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
You need to to some more reading. Yes, some say it's a plastic phone but yet when they actually hold a working model.....their foot is on their mouth. Don't get me wrong - there will always be Apple die hards and nothing wrong with that. I'm saying to give it a try - I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. In my opinion, the S4 blows away the Iphone 5.

I ordered mine today get it on Friday will have to see I played with it in the store I mainly want it for the screen size but I take alot of piks as you can see from my instagram I don't play games or anything like that on my 5 and I love the way my 5 feels nowhere near cheap but will see I have 14 days to make a decision.