Confirm Group Texting on Galaxy S4

voot

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone so this is really important to me. Can anyone who purchased the S4 confirm if group texting works? I heard 4.2.2 supported this but I couldn't find solid proof that this is working. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the iPhone has this feature where it threads your messages to multiple recipients to one message. This way when you receive texts back it doesn't come back individually but to the group thread instead. Thank you!!!

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I never used stock group texting....I simple used group me which is better than iOS to me because unless u have a iPhone it works stupid to a android phone...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

voot

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It has group text and works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for confirming! Mind sending over a screenshot of how it looks like? If the thread has a lot of people do you notice any slowness in receiving the messages?

bgsanti

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed. I sent a text from my S4 to my S3 and a friend with an iphone5 using the stock messaging app on the S4. Both the S3 and iphone5 were conversing on a single thread on the S4.

Now I don't have to install go sms pro on my S4 just to get threaded group messaging like my iphone friends have. :)

voot

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed. I sent a text from my S4 to my S3 and a friend with an iphone5 using the stock messaging app on the S4. Both the S3 and iphone5 were conversing on a single thread on the S4.

Now I don't have to install go sms pro on my S4 just to get threaded group messaging like my iphone friends have. :)

Could you send over some screenshots? Notice any slowness or lag when receiving the group texts?

bgsanti

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Could you send over some screenshots? Notice any slowness or lag when receiving the group texts?

I would do a screan shot, but the convo is prob not suitable for this forum. Too much editing. Lol.

No lag or slowness. Both the S4 and my S3 were getting texts from each other and the iphone5, immediately.

pwoodrow

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I also have the S4, and I can send threaded group messages, but when somebody replies... the reply doesn't go to the threaded group... I get it as a single message from that person. Any one know how to fix this?

pwoodrow

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I also have the S4, and I can send threaded group messages, but when somebody replies... the reply doesn't go to the threaded group... I get it as a single message from that person. Any one know how to fix this?

When I posted this, I had Handcent sms installed. When I uninstalled it, group messaging started working correctly. Although, every once in a while I get a blank MMS message from "Unknown Sender," and I think that may be a bug in the group texting. Has that happened to anyone else?

Last edited:

slabatt

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I cant get group text to work, i have at&t. What carrier do you have?

When i send a group text people get it but i never receive a response. Also when my friends send me a group text i never get it?

Anyone know how to fix this?

pwoodrow

May 1, 2013
Visit site

When i send a group text people get it but i never receive a response. Also when my friends send me a group text i never get it?

I have T-Mobile. The only suggestions I can make are:
1. Make sure "Group Text" is checked in the settings for the Messaging app
2. Make sure your data is connected.
3. Uninstall any 3rd party SMS apps. (I had to uninstall Handcent SMS)
4. If you have wifi turned on, try turning that off

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm on att also seems like it doesn't work for me either.

Sent via Galaxy S4

1qwkgoat

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Can someone who is saying it's possible take the extra few minutes to make a group text and post a screen shot of the replies being in the same threaded text? Seems to be the definitve way to answer this question

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae