concerned about battery life

dgurvits

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey all
I'm a little concerned about the battery life of my new Galaxy s4 att version.

today I was in the car, it was connected via bluetooth and was streaming a song from the phone to the car.
This was at 7pm and had 57% left

im in an area of excellent lte and it never looses coverage. Anyway I got or of dinner at 10:15 and got a warning from my phone that I had 10% left.

now the phone was in my pocket I was in good coverage area

I'm thinking its draining toonfast. cinsidering i wasnt doing a single thing with it....thoughts?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey all

today I was in the car, it was connected via bluetooth and was streaming a song from the phone to the car.

im in an area of excellent lte and it never looses coverage. Anyway I got or of dinner at 10:15 and got a warning from my phone that I had 10% left.

I'm thinking its draining toonfast. cinsidering i wasnt doing a single thing with it....thoughts?

Open up the battery reports via Settings>Battery. See what has been running the most. Maybe an app didn't properly shut down or something.

MrMercedes

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you turn Bluetooth off when you went to dinner? Or did you use GPS and then forget to close it out? I've done both before and my battery was dead within a 1 hr......

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at what is running the most on the phone and if it is a process that you are not currently using, go ahead and put a stop to it. It is common that you can improve battery life just by stopping these background processes.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey all

It's too soon to be concerned it will take several days for your device and battery to get on the same page with each other. Once the battery is conditioned you should see a dramatic improvement. Again give it a few days. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dgurvits

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies

bluetooth is on as it always is in all my phones.
Maps was not running but the battery meter I s saying that maps consumed 40%...I used the navigation earlier in the day.

Again weird.

my wifr and I went in a 2 hour walk this morning and I had the health app running and nothing else and it consumed 22% battery

I agree its early but so far battery is nothing to write home about

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been impressed so far... Took off charger at 7am... Used all day with BT, wifi, and GPS... Had 30% when plugged in around 11:30pm...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies

bluetooth is on as it always is in all my phones.
Maps was not running but the battery meter I s saying that maps consumed 40%...I used the navigation earlier in the day.

Again weird.

my wifr and I went in a 2 hour walk this morning and I had the health app running and nothing else and it consumed 22% battery

I agree its early but so far battery is nothing to write home about

Navigation + LTE= Huge battery drainer
LTE alone is a huge battery drainer unfortunately
You can get apps that turn off mobile data when ur not using it and automatically turn it back on when u are using it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante