Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 APN Straight Talk settings HELP

after you enter the new apn make sure to save the apn and delete the old apn and shut off the phone and restart and everything will work including mms and internet

what sims do you have do you have the new lte sims or the older one

do not put anything for the port after the apn I have the galaxy s4 and the new sims for lte and mine works great

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 unlocked, bought from newegg unlocked. I used it for a month in Spain with a phone only micro sim from movistar, no problems, just used wifi for data. Now I am back in USA, bought straight talk micro sim (appears to be t mobile from default APN) and cannot get data/internet or MMS to work. Spent an hour on phone with straight talk tech support, they gave me two sets of APN data to try (see below). Neither worked, so they say the phone is bad.

Tried changing some parameters with what has worked for others in this thread, and big problem right now is that any time I change the MNC to 410 from 260, when I go to save the set of APN data it gets deleted. Any suggestions? Samsung says its a straight talk problem not a phone problem, including not properly saving APN data.

set 1

Name: Straight Talk
    APN: wap.tracfone
    Proxy: 216.155.165.40
    Port: 8080
    User name: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.tracfone.com
    MMS proxy: 216.155.165.40
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC:310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type: none
    APN type: not set

set 2

APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy: mms2.tracfone.com
    MMS port: 80

thanks for any help - Mark
    Last edited by gred; 11-12-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gred View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 unlocked, bought from newegg unlocked. I used it for a month in Spain with a phone only micro sim from movistar, no problems, just used wifi for data. Now I am back in USA, bought straight talk micro sim (appears to be t mobile from default APN) and cannot get data/internet or MMS to work. Spent an hour on phone with straight talk tech support, they gave me two sets of APN data to try (see below). Neither worked, so they say the phone is bad.

Tried changing some parameters with what has worked for others in this thread, and big problem right now is that any time I change the MNC to 410 from 260, when I go to save the set of APN data it gets deleted. Any suggestions? Samsung says its a straight talk problem not a phone problem, including not properly saving APN data.

set 2

APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy: mms2.tracfone.com
    MMS port: 80

thanks for any help - Mark
    Try changing MNC to 410

I've been dicking around with this phone for over an hour now, thanks for all of these suggestions y'all! Finally online and able to send MMS with an unlocked S4 octo-core on ST, this finally works for me - the "NAME" field appears to be just for reference, too. Just try using those settings and change your MNC - hopefully yours will work too.
    Thanked by:

Hi all, I'm looking now on Ebay to purchase a Galaxy S4 to put on Straight Talk. I'm interested in the LTE that Straight Talk now offers with AT&T. I'm new to Straight Talk so just doing all the research now and trying to learn.

I was advised to just look for the AT&T Galaxy S4 model number SHG-1337 and it wouldn't matter if locked or unlocked. Is this true? I just want to make sure I order the right phone and don't have these issues with getting MMS to work on it....but thankful for this thread should I end up with problems. I'm trying to do homework before I get the phone.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi I have a unlocked Samsung s4 tmobile phone what are the apn steps to get internet I had purchased a unlimited 45$ plan from straight talk I have my calling and text but the internet icant get the settings and such to work can anyone please help

Quote Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
    So weird - with those settings, neither data nor MMS works for me. If I remove the first proxy, data works, but MMS still doesn't. I can't get MMS to work no matter what I try!
    Me, either......

That's ME, too, I CAN SEND but NOT RECEIVE...I get a "Download" and when I click on it it says FAILED.... )-:

Settings that worked for my SGH-I337 AT&T Branded Galaxy S4 for use on Straight Talk are:

name: straighttalk
    APN: tfdata
    Proxy: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS Port: Not set
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: Not set
    APN Type: default,supl,mms,internet,hipri
    Bearer: Unspecified

Any change in any of these settings on my phone disables MMS or Phone or Data
    Thanked by 2:
    mtroisi and bluefishbeagle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Smith View Post
    Hi all, I'm looking now on Ebay to purchase a Galaxy S4 to put on Straight Talk. I'm interested in the LTE that Straight Talk now offers with AT&T. I'm new to Straight Talk so just doing all the research now and trying to learn.

I was advised to just look for the AT&T Galaxy S4 model number SHG-1337 and it wouldn't matter if locked or unlocked. Is this true? I just want to make sure I order the right phone and don't have these issues with getting MMS to work on it....but thankful for this thread should I end up with problems. I'm trying to do homework before I get the phone.

Thanks for any advice.
    I purchased AT&T Branded S4 SGH-I337. Unlocking wasn't necessary. You just have to enable developer mode, and change APN Settings.

Question Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 APN Straight Talk settings HELP

How does one Enable Developer Mode in the Samsung Galaxy S4...GT-I9500? Thanks...

Ok....Here's a new one. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Model GT-I9195 I'm trying to use Straight Talk....and like many others, I can send a text but not picture mail. If anyone has this phone and has a suggestion about APN settings....it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lighc003 View Post
    Ok....Here's a new one. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Model GT-I9195 I'm trying to use Straight Talk....and like many others, I can send a text but not picture mail. If anyone has this phone and has a suggestion about APN settings....it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
    Did you try the settings i posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Persy View Post
    How does one Enable Developer Mode in the Samsung Galaxy S4...GT-I9500? Thanks...
    On Android devices starting at API level 17, Android 4.2, the “Developer Options” section is not shown as one of the sections in the Settings app. To make it appear, you have to launch the Settings app, and tap on “About phone”. Inside the “About phone” section is a list item labeled “Build Number”. Tap on that selection 7 distinct times. After 3 taps, each tap shows a new toast message encouraging you to keep going (see attached screenshot). After the last tap, it shows a message saying “you are now a developer” and hey presto, the “Developer Options” will now be visible as one of the sections at the top level of Settings. Source: How to Enable Developer Options on the Samsung Galaxy S4 | Haptic Antics
    Thanked by:
    Persy 

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!!! I have the s4 but on verizon. Its the SCH-I545 and can not do mms. I have tried every apn posted on here. I can do everything but send and receive pics. I'm using the at&t micro sim that came with the straigtTalkbyop. I dont know what else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Riegler View Post
    Settings that worked for my SGH-I337 AT&T Branded Galaxy S4 for use on Straight Talk are:

name: straighttalk
    APN: tfdata
    Proxy: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS Port: Not set
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: Not set
    APN Type: default,supl,mms,internet,hipri
    Bearer: Unspecified

Any change in any of these settings on my phone disables MMS or Phone or Data
    Thanks, Greg. Been trying everything I could find online to setup my Straight Talk APN for my Verizon SCH-i545. Bought phone on eBay 2 months ago and installed Straight Talk's AT&T compatible micro sim. Was not able to receive MMS until today using your settings. The Port:8080 setting was the one that did the job for me. Thanks, again.
    Last edited by downtheroad; 12-17-2013 at 11:12 AM.

My big problem right now is that any time I change the MNC to 410 from 260, when I go to save the set of APN data it gets deleted. Any suggestions?

Me too! I have Verizon branded S4 i545. Tried all apn posted.

I tried to reset default apn after I put the straight talk apn in but I have the AT&T version and it restored those settings as default unchanged. I have tried to remove the default AT&T settings but they don't go away. Not sure what to do now.

I tried many of different settings with my att galaxy s4 and these are the ones that finally worked.

Hello Chris , what finally worked for you exactly... i have new unlocked samsung galaxy S4 mini and nothing seems to work to get the mms pictures to work . phone plain text and internet work but no mms pictures. Thanks if you can completely post settings and how to.

I just tried several on my new s4 active - this one worked for me minus internet - had to put 80 in under proxy for internet to work on mine. Thanks

I have a Galaxy S4 AT&T that I use on Straight Talk and I cannot receive or send MMS messages. What is the correct APN setting? I cannot delete the AT&T APN set on the phone.

I have the Galaxy S4 Active and no matter what codes I put in I can NOT get my regular nor mms texting to work. Does anyone have this phone and if so can you please share APN information with me ty. dblspromo@gmail.com

hi, I have the same phone and sure would like to get your apn settings please.
    thank you very much
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast