Samsung Galaxy S4: APN Straight Talk settings HELP

Jessica Smith

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 APN Straight Talk settings HELP

Hi all, I'm looking now on Ebay to purchase a Galaxy S4 to put on Straight Talk. I'm interested in the LTE that Straight Talk now offers with AT&T. I'm new to Straight Talk so just doing all the research now and trying to learn.

I was advised to just look for the AT&T Galaxy S4 model number SHG-1337 and it wouldn't matter if locked or unlocked. Is this true? I just want to make sure I order the right phone and don't have these issues with getting MMS to work on it....but thankful for this thread should I end up with problems. I'm trying to do homework before I get the phone.

Thanks for any advice.

shyla158

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Hi I have a unlocked Samsung s4 tmobile phone what are the apn steps to get internet I had purchased a unlimited 45$ plan from straight talk I have my calling and text but the internet icant get the settings and such to work can anyone please help

Persy

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

So weird - with those settings, neither data nor MMS works for me. If I remove the first proxy, data works, but MMS still doesn't. I can't get MMS to work no matter what I try!
Me, either......

Persy

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

That's ME, too, I CAN SEND but NOT RECEIVE...I get a "Download" and when I click on it it says FAILED.... )-:

Greg Riegler

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

Settings that worked for my SGH-I337 AT&T Branded Galaxy S4 for use on Straight Talk are:

name: straighttalk
APN: tfdata
Proxy: Not set
Port: 8080
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: Not set
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: Not set
APN Type: default,supl,mms,internet,hipri
Bearer: Unspecified

Any change in any of these settings on my phone disables MMS or Phone or Data

Greg Riegler

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi all, I'm looking now on Ebay to purchase a Galaxy S4 to put on Straight Talk. I'm interested in the LTE that Straight Talk now offers with AT&T. I'm new to Straight Talk so just doing all the research now and trying to learn.

I was advised to just look for the AT&T Galaxy S4 model number SHG-1337 and it wouldn't matter if locked or unlocked. Is this true? I just want to make sure I order the right phone and don't have these issues with getting MMS to work on it....but thankful for this thread should I end up with problems. I'm trying to do homework before I get the phone.

Thanks for any advice.

I purchased AT&T Branded S4 SGH-I337. Unlocking wasn't necessary. You just have to enable developer mode, and change APN Settings.

Persy

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

How does one Enable Developer Mode in the Samsung Galaxy S4...GT-I9500? Thanks...

Lighc003

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

Ok....Here's a new one. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Model GT-I9195 I'm trying to use Straight Talk....and like many others, I can send a text but not picture mail. If anyone has this phone and has a suggestion about APN settings....it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Greg Riegler

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

Ok....Here's a new one. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Model GT-I9195 I'm trying to use Straight Talk....and like many others, I can send a text but not picture mail. If anyone has this phone and has a suggestion about APN settings....it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
Did you try the settings i posted?

How does one Enable Developer Mode in the Samsung Galaxy S4...GT-I9500? Thanks...

On Android devices starting at API level 17, Android 4.2, the “Developer Options” section is not shown as one of the sections in the Settings app. To make it appear, you have to launch the Settings app, and tap on “About phone”. Inside the “About phone” section is a list item labeled “Build Number”. Tap on that selection 7 distinct times. After 3 taps, each tap shows a new toast message encouraging you to keep going (see attached screenshot). After the last tap, it shows a message saying “you are now a developer” and hey presto, the “Developer Options” will now be visible as one of the sections at the top level of Settings. Source: How to Enable Developer Options on the Samsung Galaxy S4 | Haptic Antics

David Vasquez2

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!!! I have the s4 but on verizon. Its the SCH-I545 and can not do mms. I have tried every apn posted on here. I can do everything but send and receive pics. I'm using the at&t micro sim that came with the straigtTalkbyop. I dont know what else to do.

downtheroad

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Settings that worked for my SGH-I337 AT&T Branded Galaxy S4 for use on Straight Talk are:

name: straighttalk
APN: tfdata
Proxy: Not set
Port: 8080
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: Not set
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: Not set
APN Type: default,supl,mms,internet,hipri
Bearer: Unspecified

Any change in any of these settings on my phone disables MMS or Phone or Data

Thanks, Greg. Been trying everything I could find online to setup my Straight Talk APN for my Verizon SCH-i545. Bought phone on eBay 2 months ago and installed Straight Talk's AT&T compatible micro sim. Was not able to receive MMS until today using your settings. The Port:8080 setting was the one that did the job for me. Thanks, again.

Last edited:

gred

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

My big problem right now is that any time I change the MNC to 410 from 260, when I go to save the set of APN data it gets deleted. Any suggestions?

Leslie Mondrick

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

I tried to reset default apn after I put the straight talk apn in but I have the AT&T version and it restored those settings as default unchanged. I have tried to remove the default AT&T settings but they don't go away. Not sure what to do now.

Redskies4you

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Hello Chris , what finally worked for you exactly... i have new unlocked samsung galaxy S4 mini and nothing seems to work to get the mms pictures to work . phone plain text and internet work but no mms pictures. Thanks if you can completely post settings and how to.

nshoalm

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

I just tried several on my new s4 active - this one worked for me minus internet - had to put 80 in under proxy for internet to work on mine. Thanks

Alexandra Zink

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

I have a Galaxy S4 AT&T that I use on Straight Talk and I cannot receive or send MMS messages. What is the correct APN setting? I cannot delete the AT&T APN set on the phone.

Heather Pucheu

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I have the Galaxy S4 Active and no matter what codes I put in I can NOT get my regular nor mms texting to work. Does anyone have this phone and if so can you please share APN information with me ty. dblspromo@gmail.com

shaganasty

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

hi, I have the same phone and sure would like to get your apn settings please.
thank you very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair