Samsung Galaxy S4 Drop Test & Durability Video

JL84

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
ya, i really plan on dropping my phone 3 straight times from 5 feet and expect it to be in perfectly new shape....................... . . . . . . .

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just wish people would stop doing drop tests and send me the device if they are just going to destroy $600+ devices. :D

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Screen Didnt shatter to the point u couldn't use it...I say its better durability wise than s3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
+1 for why someone would intentionally drop their phone. That's what cases are for. My Otterbox Defender case and Black Mist GS4 16GB on AT&T is waiting for me to get home today. My GS4 arrived Thursday and the Otterbox Defender arrived yesterday.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

GB333

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Slap the cheapest case you can find on ebay on that sucker and try it again - I bet it will be perfectly fine. This "test" it ridiculous and it hurts my heart to see them bust up that beautiful phone!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well it fell flat on its face on cement, not surprised, but did pretty well with the first 2 drops...The cases I get usually leave some room above the screen for extra protection

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to sound like an ahole but why would you do this to your phone. I mean i guess techs do this to test the durability of them but still! I just don't get it. Here i am waiting over a month for my Verizon S4 and this guy is purposely effing his up :confused ::eek::(

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

bswangolf

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Why are there never drop test videos with the phone In cases? This would actually help people make buying choices on cases. Samsung vrs apple people pissing on each other is so OLD ! Phones are plastic Metal glass and other stuff if you drop and throw them they will break. I dont care which phone It is. The debat should and needs to be how the phones hold up in different cases. Does anyone care how a naked phone breaks on cement? I care how it did when dropped in X case vrs Y case vrs Z case. Am I the only one that thinks this way?

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! That is just what I was thinking.
Why not drop test it in cases to see how well the cases protect it.
Then the last drop after all the cases can be one without the case.
I could not not have a case on my phone, it felt slippery.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
***THIS JUST IN***

Researchers discovered today that if you drop a smart phone with out a protective case numerous times the screen will break. Candy Crowley is at the UN to get their reaction. Candy?.