Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Transfer data, contacts, photos, messages, music from iphone to S4

They have no ETA, I am regretting switching from an iPhone to an Android. The chatting agents with Samsung are useless, if you don't respond in like 1 minute, they disconnect the chat.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Bailey View Post
    They have no ETA, I am regretting switching from an iPhone to an Android. The chatting agents with Samsung are useless, if you don't respond in like 1 minute, they disconnect the chat.
    Hi,

This link helps well. I got all my contacts from the 4S moved to my S4.

Jaanus (How to import your iCloud contacts to Google / Android universe)

that samsung smart switch doesnt work for me. it downloaded my calendar and notes and then it doesnt move at all and transfers nothing

I downloaded the Airdroid 2 App but now what? I'm still trying to figure out how to transfer music from my iphone or itunes to my new samsung galaxy S4...

For my contacts I emailed them to myself from my old iPhone 4 before I traded it in, and then opened the email on the S4 to retrieve them.

For music and photos, I am using an FTP server and FTP client to transfer files wirelessly between my S4 and my laptop. It works very nicely if you understand how this sort of thing works. I don't need to constantly sync, I just drag and drop over a new album or a set of pictures whenever I need to.

This all probably works fine for 'new' iphone. I'm still using an original iPhone (yes, an iPhone1) and just bought a S4. The Samsung program doesn't work with the iOs 3.1.3 (highest possible on iPhone1), same for programs like Bump.

What's the best way to get my contacts, notes, messages,... to the S4?

Thanks

i just got the s4 tried the smart switch 5 times now and it doesnt load all my sms text history, im missing some texts and some history in the texts, how can i fix this please, id like to keep the s4 but these headaches if not fixed i will switch it for an iphone 5, and how can i transfer all my whatsapp and viber history messages please?

it shown '1Available on Samsung Galaxy S 4 phones only at launch.
    For Smart Switch U.S. users only.' How about user from our region? any recommendation?

I had the rep at the TMobile Store do it. They have a machine that can transfer contacts.

Also, I found both Smart Switch and Kies for Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
    I had the rep at the TMobile Store do it. They have a machine that can transfer contacts.

Also, I found both Smart Switch and Kies for Mac.
    kies worked perfect first time i used it with my mac!

I tried using Smart Switch and it synced my contacts fabulously from my iPhone, but its not syncing my messages, music, and pictures. It gets stuck at 2% and never seem to be progressing. Any help?

Awesome cheers heaps. super easy

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I used the Smart Switch to move Contacts & photos only (no music) and there was about 150 out of 900 photos which didn't make it over. They happened to be the most recent (w/in 48hrs)... no idea why!

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Chew View Post
    Ok, after digging through the Samsung website, Galaxy S4 users should use this instead: Smartphone Content Transfer Made Easy | Samsung Smart Switch

You know, there are many musics on my iPhone, and my sister ask me to copy iPhone musics to Android for her for a long time. Then I used KiwiG PhonTunes's to transfer iTunes playlist to android. It help me a lot. Really works great and you just need 2 steps to finish the transfer. Wish it help!

Pack all in a zip file. send it via email. done
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12