[HOW TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Galaxy S4

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Adobe Flash Player still works great on the Galaxy S 4, but only on some browsers. I was surprised that they have even blocked it on the stock browser. But it works well when used with the right browser. No root necessary.

Step 1: On your S4, go to Settings -> Security -> Enable Unknown Sources
Step 2: Download apk directly from Adobe. Adobe still updates Flash regularly every month, so use this link instead of downloading an old version from someone's private link. Scroll down to "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives" and download the latest version.
Archived Flash Player versions
Step 3: Download Boat Browser.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boatbrowser.free&hl=en
Use this for all your non mobile browser needs. Naked Browser also works, but the UI might not be for everyone. I hear the UC Browser works too.
Step 4: Open Boat Browser -> Menu -> Settings -> Page Content Settings
Step 5: Enable flash/plug-ins -> Always On
Step 6: User agent -> Desktop

Video Tutorial:

Galaxy S4 Tips & Tricks Episode 1: How To Install Adobe Flash Player on Samsung Galaxy S4 - YouTube

Additional Note: Flash DOES NOT work on: Stock Browser, Firefox (Buggy), Chrome, Dolphin (maybe with a tweak?). Haven't tried Opera, Maxthon, or Puffin.

*Latest Adobe Flash Player (As of April 27, 2013): Link: Download Adobe Flash Player v11.1.115.54

antmon1

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
hmm....followed the instructions.... but, when I hit any website with embedded video, it just shows the black video window with no response... on some sites, when I select the video window, it brings up an advertisement...

any suggestions? :)

chip dawg

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
hmm....followed the instructions.... but, when I hit any website with embedded video, it just shows the black video window with no response... on some sites, when I select the video window, it brings up an advertisement...

any suggestions? :)

I'm experiencing the same thing.

Vinncent Quek

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Adobe flash player and browsers.

I had installed adobe flash and boat browser, maxthon or photon browser. Still unable to get live feed for soccer or tennis matches. Can someone please advise. Thank you.

xfengx

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have tried using firefox beta,it works BUT when I switch to full screen,it blackouts and give me a BLACK screen.
can anyone help here?

Scary68

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Dolphin Browser APK 8.5.1 supports Flash. It's the only "Flash supported browser" my S4 is sporting currently. Can't remember where I got it but I found it by searching. I imagine that previous Flash supported versions of other browsers would work too. But I'd prefer using an up to date browser, so I'm definitely going to check out the browsers mentioned here. Awesome! Thanks!