Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smooth4lyfe
  • 1 Post By jwn66
  • 1 Post By flintlock
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Storage on S4

I ordered for 16GB phone on AT&T, I received mine on Thursday. I added couple of pics and music files and now when I check the storage it says Total space is 9.62GB.

Is this how you see it on your phone too?
    I was expecting to see 16GB well after OS and Few Apps I atleast expected to see 14GB.

My current Screen shows as following.
    Total Space
    9.62GB
    Applications
    1.90GB
    Pictures, videos
    2.82GB
    Audio
    60.00KN
    Downloads
    8.23MB
    Miscellaneous files
    45.10MB
    Available Space
    4.10GB

Even after connecting the phone to my laptop I see 9.51 GB as total space. Is this common on your phone too?

Default Re: Storage on S4

The S4 is a bloated MOFO, full of carrier and samsung crap. Touchwiz is heavier than ever, yes, 9.6GB is about what you get after all the crap is packed in.

I recommend u save all your pics and videos on a MicroSD Card
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
    ztyankov likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Smile Re: Storage on S4

Thanks for the reply guys.
    meanwhile I asked the same question to a AT&T rep over chat and they dont know anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by G406 View Post
    I ordered for 16GB phone on AT&T, I received mine on Thursday. I added couple of pics and music files and now when I check the storage it says Total space is 9.62GB.

Is this how you see it on your phone too?
    I was expecting to see 16GB well after OS and Few Apps I atleast expected to see 14GB.

My current Screen shows as following.
    Total Space
    9.62GB
    Applications
    1.90GB
    Pictures, videos
    2.82GB
    Audio
    60.00KN
    Downloads
    8.23MB
    Miscellaneous files
    45.10MB
    Available Space
    4.10GB

Even after connecting the phone to my laptop I see 9.51 GB as total space. Is this common on your phone too?
    Same here man.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

That's exactly why I chose the 32GB version for my S3 so I at least had some extra space to play around with. Are the carriers getting 32GB as an option in the future?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

the s3 had 11gb available , the 4 does have alittle less but it has a bunch more features.. my s4 has 9.72 .. your not gonna get 16 or anything close on any 16gb android phone, the OS ,carrier and manufaturer stuff come out of the 16

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G406 View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    meanwhile I asked the same question to a AT&T rep over chat and they dont know anything about it.
    Ha, chat is only for a laugh. You only get the worst idiots there. They can only follow scripts. If you ever need to waste some time that's where to go. At least you don't have to listen to the off shore accent.

tapd from my S3 Synergy b484
    NoodleEatinGook likes this.

SD card no matter how big does not help for app installs. Gamers that play newer games or the more heavier data apps might be best to pass on the 16GB version and hope the carriers offer a 32GB version. Not looking good at the moment that they will, but hopefully enough customer push-back will make them change their minds if not.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Yell0w View Post
    That's exactly why I chose the 32GB version for my S3 so I at least had some extra space to play around with. Are the carriers getting 32GB as an option in the future?

It has now been confirmed that Verizon will NOT carry the 32GB GS4 period. Verizon claims the microSD and cloud storage as their reasoning. My fear at this point is ATT may wait and see how well the S4 16GB sells before deciding to start selling the 32GB GS4 or kill it off. I certainly hope they deliver as stated on their S4 page with coming soon, since I am holding off on transferring to ATT until they do offer it.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    It has now been confirmed that Verizon will NOT carry the 32GB GS4 period. Verizon claims the microSD and cloud storage as their reasoning. My fear at this point is ATT may wait and see how well the S4 16GB sells before deciding to start selling the 32GB GS4 or kill it off. I certainly hope they deliver as stated on their S4 page with coming soon, since I am holding off on transferring to ATT until they do offer it.
    That's unfortunate. I have a 32GB SG3 with T-Mobile and hope that they and AT&T will offer the 32GB version.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Storage on S4-uploadfromtaptalk1367268321102.jpg

Sent from my HTC One

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

So how much storage do you have out of the box with 32GB HTC One?

i have the s4 with at&t and have 9.62gb total storage my nephew just came home with his and he has 14gb total but he is on verizon

Must be a mistake, since the Verizon version has about the same or a tad less. Considering 16gb formatted is only 14.7gb for the user, that 14gb is incorrect. The S3 was less bloated and had a tad over 11gb.

No u am sure about about what his had it was more than what I have on mine it may habe not bern 14 but it was more than 11 for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

yep the Nexus 4 with no bloat etc weighed in at 12.5GB on the 16GB model. As we know that is pure android.

also for the person who posted the 32GB HTC One, check this out...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Storage on S4-screenshot_2013-05-13-19-28-05.jpg  
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Quote Originally Posted by josh8519 View Post
    No u am sure about about what his had it was more than what I have on mine it may habe not bern 14 but it was more than 11 for sure

Seems is he is rooted and has a custom rom, or has a S3 instead. There is not that much space free on the S4.

Not rooted or custom rom. I will post screenshots later

I'm just wondering if Samsung is waiting for Apple to start their iPhone line up at 32GB (64GB & 128GB)?

I treat my Super Phones like an iPod so until 128GB microSD cards become available/cheap, Samsung needs to eliminate 16GB models since their OS/Bloatware uses 7GB+ of space.

Storage on S4-1370910717815.jpg
    My nephews s4

Storage on S4-1370910872875.jpg
    My s4. I am thinking at&t is calculating this without showing the os and bloat and just showing the actual space we can use

Correct. The nephews phones shows the OS in misc files and then available. ATT shows what is remaining up front. Just two different ways to do it.

Looks like he had about the same or even less than the ATT model.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Kool now I am going buy me a bigger sd card