Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default IR Blaster app?

Just got my S4, how do you use the IR in the phone to remote controll tv's, stereos and such?
    Every app i found is through wifi or some sort not just IR.

Thx

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: IR Blaster app?

Have you tried the Samsung WatchOn app?

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Clyncke View Post
    Just got my S4, how do you use the IR in the phone to remote controll tv's, stereos and such?
    Every app i found is through wifi or some sort not just IR.

Thx
    If you go into the samsung watchon app there is a remote in the top right corner. Once you press this it will ask you to set the remote up with your TV and then your set top box

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, but it seems like that's about it. Couldn't find an option to control my stereo or my aircon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Chew View Post
    Yeah, but it seems like that's about it. Couldn't find an option to control my stereo or my aircon.
    Same here... the Peel app seems better for equipment control. But there is no channel guide. Everything is by genre.

Is there a way to get the HTC app onto the S4?

It works!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyMichael92 View Post
    If you go into the samsung watchon app there is a remote in the top right corner. Once you press this it will ask you to set the remote up with your TV and then your set top box

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    Correct but if you have a soundbar or other home theater equipment that controls the sound you're out of luck. Built in app only controls the TV and set top box, such as cable or satellite. Unless I'm missing something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Same here... the Peel app seems better for equipment control. But there is no channel guide. Everything is by genre.
    There is a channel guide in the watchon app

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

The watchOn app controls my soundbar just fine!

In the GSMArena review it seemed that it could configure devices like 'stereos' and even 'air conditioners'. Funnily enough, that option is no longer there in the final version.

Touchsquid Remote Demo from the Play Store however seems to control my stereo just fine, but then the full version costs a whopping $60

Hello Guys,

The WatchOn app Works great with my new Samsung S4. Please raise your issue to the support team at help.peel.com. They will get back to you with a resolution

The problem with WatchOn is that it's TV centric. I dont want to be forced to set up a TV in a room without a TV that I want to control the Stereo and nothing else. This isn't a support issue, the app isn't designed as a generic remote for all devices, it's geared towards TV and supporting devices. Are there any 3rd party apps that act as a generic remote for a whole host of devices that aren't related to a TV?

I am about to try this out...looks good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otefairy&hl=en
    David B79 likes this.
    CDH

Watchon controls my TV, stereo, cable box and bluray player perfectly. Just go to room in settings and add device. In cave controls Epson projector as well.

I just finished developing one that turns off any TV by looping through all off codes

Check it out here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...isms.offButton

It will control DVD and Blu-ray also, as CDH has noted above....

I can't figure out a way to set up WatchOn to control "activities". I can control my cable box, TV and audio receiver but I need to turn each of them on and off individually. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak2 View Post
    I can't figure out a way to set up WatchOn to control "activities". I can control my cable box, TV and audio receiver but I need to turn each of them on and off individually. Any ideas?
    I'm not sure that it does that. It's the reason I don't find the app useful. If they could make it work like a Logitech remote, but with Tasker integration, it would be an incredible app that not only replaces a $350 remote but also improves on it. I wouldn't mind paying for it, either. As it is it's not really that much more convenient than the separate remotes I have right now. It's just a remote control that makes it so I can't use my phone at the same time I'm fast forwarding my DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMooose View Post
    The problem with WatchOn is that it's TV centric. I dont want to be forced to set up a TV in a room without a TV that I want to control the Stereo and nothing else. This isn't a support issue, the app isn't designed as a generic remote for all devices, it's geared towards TV and supporting devices. Are there any 3rd party apps that act as a generic remote for a whole host of devices that aren't related to a TV?
    You can check out the remote apps by Touchsquid. They have several versions for Samsung tabs with Built-in IR blasters, and for the Galaxy S4 as well as HTC One. Their apps support over 300,000 devices and is activity based so that one button can turn on and off all devices. It can also support external IR blasters for devices that are hidden inside cabinets or in another room. Galaxy S4 HTC One Remote by Touchsquid.

I have this app called Smart Remote... It controls a lot of devices not only TVs, it can even control game consoles... It's the best

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

Hi, i would like to know how i can control my epson projector too, there is an option for it? I only see TV, DVD, etc

Or you can just use your remote control
    :-)

Posted from my SGH-I337M
    pvcleave likes this.

The latest release of Touchsquid now has over 700,000 IR remote codes in their database library. They have a 10 day free trial version you can play with before committing. Two versions are available. HOME and PRO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Oldman View Post
    You can check out the remote apps by Touchsquid. They have several versions for Samsung tabs with Built-in IR blasters, and for the Galaxy S4 as well as HTC One. Their apps support over 300,000 devices and is activity based so that one button can turn on and off all devices. It can also support external IR blasters for devices that are hidden inside cabinets or in another room. Galaxy S4 HTC One Remote by Touchsquid.

There are two versions of the Touchsquid Remote. The HOME version sells for US$19 and the PRO version $49. It is activity based, and is packed with features. There is a cheaper alternative called the ZappIR. This remote app is device-based. You can control up to 15 devices. ZappIR remote has support for over 700,000 devices in their database library. You can contact their support department if you have an obscure device, they will add the IR remote codes to their library.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Chew View Post
    In the GSMArena review it seemed that it could configure devices like 'stereos' and even 'air conditioners'. Funnily enough, that option is no longer there in the final version.

Touchsquid Remote Demo from the Play Store however seems to control my stereo just fine, but then the full version costs a whopping $60
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast