Stupid question about camera

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't wanna go breaking my new phone so thought I'd ask here. Haha.

Is there a piece of removable plastic over the camera? It looks as though it should peel off but I'm unsure.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

chronism

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Haha I debated the same thing when I first got mine. Yes, there is a clear semi-hard piece of plastic on the lens with a small hole cut out in the center.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the phone yet, but from what I've read on forums there is a film over the camera you need to remove or else your pics will be blurry.

chronism

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I took many pics with mine still on and they turned out fine. There is a whole in the center that doesn't actually cover the camera lens, it just covers the bezel around the lens. To remove it, just use your fingernail to catch one of the corners. It's pretty rigid film so it takes a bit to get it started. It worried me as well as I was trying to peel mine up because at the time I wasn't 100% sure it was in fact removable film.

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Finally managed to remove it. I do agree though. It would be much easier if they have an indication of what to remove

brnc

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing! Personally I'm going to leave mine, since it allows the lens to not rest on a hard surface, possibly saving the lens from scratches over time.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had no idea that film was there! That definitely would have gotten dirty and would affect camera quality after a few weeks of staying in my pocket.

This phone has tons of protective film all over it. I noticed the entire "metal" band was covered in plastic as well. And there's a weird label at the top which labels the SoC.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering that too but was too scared to pick at the lens lol.

But noticed pics sometimes can be slightly blurry. Im just scared to scratch it LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

But noticed pics sometimes can be slightly blurry. Im just scared to scratch it LOL

Is the camera lens gorilla glass as well?

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

There is a plastic film that's like a donut over the camera. It doesn't actually block the sensor.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

It shouldn't scratch. Mine came off fairly easily once I'd realised that it can be removed and that I wasn't just desyroying my new phone.