S4: How do you turn on Google Sync?

Redlin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Question about S4 auto sync

Steve - you will never know how many people you helped by taking the time to give this answer. Thanks.

TerieV

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

OK, I did all of that. I have the Tablet, which is basically identical, and the settings are all the same now. I have email synching on the tablet without a problem. On the phone it says it synched, gives the time and date....but it didn't do it. This phone is glitchy as hell. My husband has the same phone and he has no problems. This phone changes settings when in blocking mode overnight somehow? And not just email synch. I wake to many different settings changed way too often since I got it a month ago. Any ideas?? Other than keeping my tablet on all the time and just using the phone for calls?

Rachel Moore1

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

It's easier just to pull down with 2 fingers at the same time from any page, not just the home page and you'll see all those icons. See screenshot below.
View attachment 77892

Or you can use 1 finger and you'll see on the top right an icon with 3 squares and 2 arrows, press that and all the icons come up. See screenshot.
View attachment 77893

Just my 2 cents.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

I also had this problem and turned on the sync setting. But still wasn't getting my calendar updated.

So I went in to the sync settings and not surprisingly, the calendar was not ticked!

All sorted now and I am once again a very happy bunny :-D

Thank you.

Graham Soares

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Thanks you so much for this info i was getting so frustrated with not being able to find the master sync.
Thank you again.

BRN TYL

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

Took me a while but finally figured it out. After you upgrade to 4.4.2 Kit Kat your Sync will only work if you turn Master Sync ON. That icon disappears in the drop down menu. Master Sync can be turned ON for all apps/emails only if you turn ON gmail sync in settings.

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

360 mobile security has a floating widget on homescreen and lockscreen that has many options on what to turn on or off. Doesn't even interrupt what your doing and no need to restart. Look for small gear icon on last page of app to enable.

Posted via Android Central App

Lolly0722

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

I had even called sprint and they weren't able to help me. The new software download 4.4.2 had turned it off. I had gmail set to sync, but it also was giving the message that Master sync has been turned off. A post back in 2013 had instructions for turning it back on thru the notifications drop down menu.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown