Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4: How do you turn on Google Sync?

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to the Samsung galaxy s4 after years of iPhone usage and I am absolutely over the moon with my new handset,

I do however have a small issue, when I go into settings all of my accounts say that auto sync is off but I can't seem to find a master sync setting to turn it on, as you can imagine this search has become incredibly frustrating and I was hoping someone may be able to send me I the right direction to turn this on?

Thanks in advance for your assistance
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Hi

I found it, if you go to the home page and pull down the notification bar you will see icons for turning on and off items.

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Scroll these items to the left and eventually you will come across SYNC turn this on and all your emails and accounts will be fine

Hope this helps

Steve

Default Re: Question about S4 auto sync

Hi

I found it, if you go to the home page and pull down the notification bar you will see icons for turning on and off items.

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Scroll these items to the left and eventually you will come across SYNC turn this on and all your emails and accounts will be fine

Hope this helps

Steve
    atg284, my 22, Visgor and 5 others like this.

Thank you so much for this information. I got my phone two days ago and I have been going mad trying to figure out how to get it to auto-sync. I can sleep now!

Thank you Stevexxxxx!! It worked instantly!

thank you it worked for me

Thanks so much this was so easy!

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by stevexxxxxx View Post
    Hi

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Hope this helps

Steve
    Stevexxxxxxxxx
    thanks, that was my problem also, I have read many of comments on how to fix it and you are the only one that had it correct.
    I think what happened, was I hit that button by mistake when i could not see my screen in the sun.

Thanks again

Al
    Hasj likes this.

Fb keeps wanting to sync. Turned it off in FB & turned sync off in menu bar???? Help pls tnx

Quote Originally Posted by jastxcpa View Post
    Fb keeps wanting to sync. Turned it off in FB & turned sync off in menu bar???? Help pls tnx
    Is it asking something about synching applications? If so there is an app called "SNS" that has the Facebook icon under Application manager>All that can be disabled to stop it.
    erik719 likes this.

THANK YOU!!

Thumbs up Re: Question about S4 auto sync

Thanks for information about Sync problem. It worked instantly and was so straight forward, and has been driving me mad. I contacted Samsung customer support who didn't even suggest this simple task, and just said maybe it was a problem with my email account.

Great advice. Thanks!

Sal

Thumbs up Re: Question about S4 auto sync

Thank you! encountered same problem as well. it helps a lot.

Carrier
    None

Hi

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Hope this helps

Steve
    It's easier just to pull down with 2 fingers at the same time from any page, not just the home page and you'll see all those icons. See screenshot below.
    S4: How do you turn on Google Sync?-1377416654103.jpg

Or you can use 1 finger and you'll see on the top right an icon with 3 squares and 2 arrows, press that and all the icons come up. See screenshot.
    S4: How do you turn on Google Sync?-1377417008517.jpg

Just my 2 cents.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Gazell and Rachel Moore1 like this.

thank you so much ,cause really you save my life by this .i was going crazy cause of this .

Carrier
    None

Quote Originally Posted by my 22 View Post
    thank you so much ,cause really you save my life by this .i was going crazy cause of this .
    I see this is your first post, welcome to the forums! :thumbup:

Pull down with two fingers. All settings are there

Posted via Android Central App

Carrier
    None

Hello Bodrul, welcome to the forums have fun and enjoy. :thumbup:

Hi

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanx Steev.... it was really frustrating 'though so simple. Now i dint have to change my phone.

Hi

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Hope this helps

Steve

Steve - you will never know how many people you helped by taking the time to give this answer. Thanks.

Carrier
    None

Welcome to the forums Redlin.

Smile Re: Question about S4 auto sync

Thank you very much!

Question Re: Question about S4 auto sync

OK, I did all of that. I have the Tablet, which is basically identical, and the settings are all the same now. I have email synching on the tablet without a problem. On the phone it says it synched, gives the time and date....but it didn't do it. This phone is glitchy as hell. My husband has the same phone and he has no problems. This phone changes settings when in blocking mode overnight somehow? And not just email synch. I wake to many different settings changed way too often since I got it a month ago. Any ideas?? Other than keeping my tablet on all the time and just using the phone for calls?

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    It's easier just to pull down with 2 fingers at the same time from any page, not just the home page and you'll see all those icons. See screenshot below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377416654103.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	77892

Or you can use 1 finger and you'll see on the top right an icon with 3 squares and 2 arrows, press that and all the icons come up. See screenshot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377417008517.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	77893

Just my 2 cents.

I also had this problem and turned on the sync setting. But still wasn't getting my calendar updated.

So I went in to the sync settings and not surprisingly, the calendar was not ticked!

All sorted now and I am once again a very happy bunny :-D

Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast