Can't Turn Off Voice When Loading Websites

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Been lovin my new S4 phone, but I'm new to Android. Somehow I activated a feature in which the phone audibly states "loading started" when I click on a link and then seconds later the phone states "page loaded." Can anyone help me turn off this feature which I somehow turned on...been trying for awhile now :confused:

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Been lovin my new S4 phone, but I'm new to Android. Somehow I activated a feature in which the phone audibly states "loading started" when I click on a link and then seconds later the phone states "page loaded." Can anyone help me turn off this feature which I somehow turned on...been trying for awhile now :confused:

Not sure of the exact option but I'm pretty sure its somewhere in accessibility

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367173392767.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367173392767.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks...looked in there but can't find anything to un-do. However, I do recall going in there earlier. So I must have done something:confused:

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
oceanrealm, Looking at the screen shot above... under settings> accessibility..... Is "Talkback" on by any chance?

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Light Flow? I read somewhere that some Samsung devices have issues with Talkback and Light Flow both turning on at the same time. I haven't tried messing around with Light Flow yet, but that's next on my list to do with this phone.

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
WOW..you beat me to it. I added Light flow this morning to get the led indicator to use different colors for notifications. Under the accessibility menu a Light Flow Lite option was turned on. So I turned it off and that fixed the problem.

This community is great in solving problems. Maybe you saved others some time. Mods... I guess this thread could go in bugs section.
Do you have Light Flow? I read somewhere that some Samsung devices have issues with Talkback and Light Flow both turning on at the same time. I haven't tried messing around with Light Flow yet, but that's next on my list to do with this phone.

demagneto

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Pebble Smartwatch which installs a service under "Accessibility" that enables third party notifications.
Turning that service off fixed my issue.
It clearly is a bug but I don't know if it's Samsung's, Pebble's or the built-in browser's. Chrome browser did not exhibit this problem.

JParsonss

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been searching for a answer to this problem for several days. I saw the Pebble phone comment and did the same thing for my Samsung watch and it corrected the problem. Of course now I don't get notifications to my phone.

Ajaque Rahman

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, It was working fine before i update with the new firmware with android 4.3 from samsung. After googling around i found that this is related to additional notificataion app. In my case i installed NiLS app for displaying notification in Lock Screen (Installed b4 upgrading the firmware).

To overcome this just i uninstalled the NiLS then the annoying sound gone off.

Hope this help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay