BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I know that the S4 has built in NFC but I haven't read much on how to actually use it to pay for stuff etc

Any guides about that I've missed?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

KeboPR

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Search for MKBHD in youtube and look for his NFC explained video. Its the best video for NFC you will watch, It will answer all your questions, trust me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Android Central Forums

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Search for MKBHD in youtube and look for his NFC explained video. Its the best video for NFC you will watch, It will answer all your questions, trust me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Android Central Forums

Thanks. Very useful video. Seems to be that Google wallet isn't available in the UK. Does that mean that UK users can't pay for things using NFC?

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Gonna revive this thread now the s4 has been out longer

Anyone know if there is something similar to Google wallet for the UK so that I can use the NFC to pay for items

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Gonna revive this thread now the s4 has been out longer

Anyone know if there is something similar to Google wallet for the UK so that I can use the NFC to pay for items

You can use this app called Square, its like Google Wallet except at select places like Starbucks

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
ATT is a member of the ISIS NFC payment system with Verizon and t mobile. They have effectively locked out Google wallet with out rooting and modding the S4.

I have Google wallet on my nexus 4 and love it. I have nothing on my Note 2 because I do not want to use ISIS.

Lots of threads in other forums etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I did a little search to see where Google Wallet NFC payments were accepted in my area, and I had one.
A Kid's Foot locker.
Sweet.

I zoomed out the map and found a huge cluster in Dallas, surely that would be the case?
Every freaking Foot Locker variant, and that was all.

I think the only other place I've seen it was at a Walgreen's.

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I did a little search to see where Google Wallet NFC payments were accepted in my area, and I had one.
A Kid's Foot locker.
Sweet.

I zoomed out the map and found a huge cluster in Dallas, surely that would be the case?

Surely it can be used anywhere that has nfc card machines?

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Surely it can be used anywhere that has nfc card machines?

I'd assume so but to date, the only place I've actually SEEN one is at a Walgreen's (I assume you're in the UK from your posts - Walgreen's is a chain pharmacy/small goods store in the US, if you weren't familiar with it :)). I would have expected many more by now to be honest.
I know I have to try sometime but I have this strange feeling it won't work when I do, and then I sit there like an dummy waving my phone and pissing off the cashier by trying to be cool. :p

J McDowall

May 6, 2013
Visit site
This is very odd. Everyone was saying that Samsung and Visa had inked a deal to integrate Visa PayWave into the S4. I have several Visa PayWave cards and use them all the time. Most EFTPOS machines in New Zealand have PayWave now. What gives??

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd assume so but to date, the only place I've actually SEEN one is at a Walgreen's (I assume you're in the UK from your posts - Walgreen's is a chain pharmacy/small goods store in the US, if you weren't familiar with it :)). I would have expected many more by now to be honest.
I know I have to try sometime but I have this strange feeling it won't work when I do, and then I sit there like an dummy waving my phone and pissing off the cashier by trying to be cool. :p

Yes I am haha. Your phone won't work unless you have a nfc mobile wallet which I know is not available for the uk

The phone has the technology to use nfc but the app is not available. I know in the UK places like McDonald's and food shops have nfc.

Seems like the us seems to get more features than us which is pretty much always the case

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
A Kid's Foot locker.
Sweet.

Check the mastercard pay pass website or app. There are many more places in dfw than that to use Google wallet.

Sent from my Nexus 4

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
We should make a damn petition. Ain't fair to the ppl to have it locke to ISIS. There is not need for rooting.

We should have the choice to use which we want. Att has removed my choice, so I will stick with Google wallet on my nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
A Kid's Foot locker.
Sweet.

Depends on where you live. In San Diego, where I live, there are tons of places to use my phone for payments and I always find it much easier if they do take NFC payments. Its definitely spreading in my area.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey