Visual Voicemail?

brianphrack

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there visual voicemail on AT&T and Sprint for the S4. Verizon wants to charge me $10 a month for it.

I'm on Sprint currently, but no LTE coverage in my area is making me look to the others.

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Get google voice. You can easily set up your at&t phone to roll over to google voice mail (it is controlled on you're google voice setup page oddly enough)
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Get google voice. You can easily set up your at&t phone to roll over to google voice mail (it is controlled on you're google voice setup page oddly enough)
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I'm very interested to know if it works on the S4 using the auto setup process. It wouldn't go through on my One. Wondering if it's device specific or something with the carrier and newer devices. I'm ok with the AT&T app, but I like having web access to my voicemails.

It did work flawlessly on the One X and SGS2 previously.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
For those that are on att there is a simple VVM app that may not have as many options as Google voice but it is so simple and a local app on your phone. You just need to have Visual Voicemail provisioned on your LTE account. Not to be confused with the ATT messaging app. Do not use that or you will have to have your voice mail account reset before using this VVM app. It works great and is very simple..

PLAY STORE LINK.

Last edited:

ibex333

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
There is no need to bother with google mail or any forwarding. This is too much work, when all you need is just a basic visual voice mail. AT&T Visual Voice Mail app works great! The lack of visual voice mail on android by default was driving me nuts coming off of iPhone till I found this.

Oh, and by the way, its 100% free. You only have to pay if you want to transcribe your voice mail to text and have it sent to you.

My only gripe is whatever VVM you set up, it WILL NOT replace the default button for your voicemail. The stupid thing will STILL call voice mail the old way and ask you to enter the password. If you want VVM app, you'll have to open it from your apps menu or place a shortcut on your home screen. I don't understand, if android is so customizable, why the hell cant I imbed the VVM shortcut into the default menu? (the one you get by tapping on the phone icon from main screen)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
There is no need to bother with google mail or any forwarding. This is too much work, when all you need is just a basic visual voice mail. AT&T Visual Voice Mail app works great! The lack of visual voice mail on android by default was driving me nuts coming off of iPhone till I found this.

Oh, and by the way, its 100% free. You only have to pay if you want to transcribe your voice mail to text and have it sent to you.

My only gripe is whatever VVM you set up, it WILL NOT replace the default button for your voicemail. The stupid thing will STILL call voice mail the old way and ask you to enter the password. If you want VVM app, you'll have to open it from your apps menu or place a shortcut on your home screen. I don't understand, if android is so customizable, why the hell cant I imbed the VVM shortcut into the default menu? (the one you get by tapping on the phone icon from main screen)

Because nobody has made a dialer app that incorporates that.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

It is easier to have the app on your screen to just hit it and listen to your voice mail as opposed to going into your dialer and then hitting the VVM right? Am I missing something? It is faster to check my VVM on android than on my iphone 5.

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sprint includes it for free as well, at least it's on my Note 2 so I am sure the GS4 has it too. It's free on Sprint, but you can pay for the premium version if you want to that will write the spoken words out for you, just in case you're in a situation where you really want to know what's in your voicemail but you can't actually listen to it at that moment in time. Sprint gives you a 30 day trial for this feature and it does a halfway decent job of it, just depends on how clear the person leaving the voicemail speaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz