Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default S-View Flip Cover issue?!?!?

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as me with this cover. Whenever I have the phone sitting down the flap will not lay down completely on the screen. It's about 1/4 of an inch off the screen which is very annoying(especially for $60.00) I've been working the flap back and forth with no results. If it doesn't completely close. I'm going to return it before my 14 days is up and order a Otterbox.. If anyone else is having his problem please let me know... Thanks....

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: S-View Flip Cover issue?!?!?

I don't have the s-view cover, was looking around town for one. But I saw a video review and they mentioned the exact same problem of it not wanting to stay all the way closed.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I think I'm about to just order a otterbox commuter from there site. For $60.00 I expect the cover to stay closed.. It's a very nice case, but I would like it to stay closed at least..

mines does that from time to time. I try not to fold the cover back though. When it does stay up then I just lay the cover down on the table and that usually takes care of it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I'm gonna give that a try.

All S-View covers behave like that. I asked Samsung reps in the store where I bought mine and they showed me their phones. All their covers were slightly raised. Kinda annoying for such an expensive cover. I didn't buy one, going for a cheaper different type.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I am waiting for some aftermarket s-view covers
    Thanked by:

i hope no ones buy that and they have to make an update

I just lay mine on its face for a few minutes and its all good after that. would be REALLY nice though if it were held in place with a magnet,

Thinking about putting tiny piece of velcro top right corner

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Velcro? Really?

Here's what I did.

Closed the case and used a hair dryer to heat up the side of the case(hinge side). Ran my fingers up and down the seam
    while holding the case tightly closed.

Let it cool completely.

Presto!

Mine now stays flat as a pancake. Even after several open/close tries.

John
    Thanked by:
    trigg 

Global Posts
    6,037 Global Posts

The thing is, unless you don't mind the cover getting in the way of your left thumb, you have to fold it back when typing. So no matter how flat you somehow get it to lay, it's going to go back again.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    I just lay mine on its face for a few minutes and its all good after that. would be REALLY nice though if it were held in place with a magnet,
    +1

I just bought the S view cover- i'm not having issues with the cover not closing but its not working- i.e. the screen stays on when i close the flap and does not turn on when i open it- I'm not sure if i'm missing something really obvious here? Can anyone suggest anything?

thanks

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laurenvdm View Post
    I just bought the S view cover- i'm not having issues with the cover not closing but its not working- i.e. the screen stays on when i close the flap and does not turn on when i open it- I'm not sure if i'm missing something really obvious here? Can anyone suggest anything?

thanks
    You may have a counterfeit cover. More and more are appearing. Either they have no magnet in the cover to send it into S-View mode or the magnet is too strong and it shuts the phone off when folded back against the back of the phone. Some of the hints that a cover is counterfeit are: 1. "Samsung" printed on the top front of the cover, and 2. Galaxy S IV rather than Galaxy S4 being printed on the bottom front of the cover. I bought mine on Amazon, but made sure the seller was Amazon, LLC. Genuine OEM, $32.00 with free shipping.

Rich

My S-View cover is prefer and it does stay closed. I think its worth even $60....for $30 its a steal.

Are you sure in Settings Accessory S View Cover has a check?

Also, this is photo of Samsung S View feom Samsung site.

Last edited by dacbeth; 06-09-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    Sprint SPHL720 Black Mist

Is anyone having any issues with using your hands free Bluetooth in your car using this cover?

The cover is worth $60? If you dont want it, you better really return it asap. woooo. haha

My case seems to fit perfect and it stays completely shut. I had the closing issue the first few days, but after some use, it stays shut and is perfect. The only issue I see is that it does interfere with bluetooth devices. If I try to use my headset, car bluetooth, there are issues. I have found that I need to keep the cover flipped open so the phone is allowed to turn on in order for them to work correctly. Mild inconvenience IMO, but it is one.

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts

I have had no bluetooth issues with my phone or the cover. It connects immediately when I get in the car, even if the cover is closed and in my pocket. I would un-pair the phone and re-pair it to the car to see if it helps. (Making sure the profile is also deleted from the car's bluetooth before re-pairing.)

I have had issues with my bluetooth and the s-view cover as well. It is the spigen s-view cover. When I click the button to send a command to my phone from my SMH10 for my motorcycle, it doesn't register. When I have it flipped open its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget22 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as me with this cover. Whenever I have the phone sitting down the flap will not lay down completely on the screen. It's about 1/4 of an inch off the screen which is very annoying(especially for $60.00) I've been working the flap back and forth with no results. If it doesn't completely close. I'm going to return it before my 14 days is up and order a Otterbox.. If anyone else is having his problem please let me know... Thanks....
    I was having this problem at first! Then, I know this may sound stupid, I realized that I did not have the back of the case firmly snapped into place on the flip side. It has happened to me several times. Try pressing the case firmly to your device between your fingers all along the edge. I hope this helps! Also! Ive had mine for a while and it always stays firmly to my device.
    Thanked by:
    bkbfob 
    bkbfob likes this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Same issue here but what do you expect there's no magnet to keep it down or anything. . I just lay my phone face down on the screen

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast