1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 reboot problem

Hi I received my s4 today but as soon as you stop using it the phone just reboots, if I use it its fine but as soon as I put it down within 30 seconds the screen goes black and it reboots. Is it a setting I'm missing or a faulty phone, sorry for the noob question but I'm along time apple user thanks for any help. I've tried to reset it through settings and a hard reset but its still the same, I can use it for hours with no problem but as soon as you stop using it it just goes Into a boot loop.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,601 Global Posts

Default Re: S4 reboot problem

That is definitely not normal. Have you tried using the phone without any apps after a factory reset?

It is most likely defective and you will want to get it exchanged.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ye I've tried that but it's still the same it's just weird that it happens when it's not in use, I've got to wait three weeks for a replacement, so I'm very unhappy as I've been looking forward to this phone since it was announced. Hopefully they will upload the firmware to kies soon so I can try a diffrent firmware as mine might be corrupt.

Don't wait for a firmware update, you have a defective phone and should exchange it as soon as you can.

Same problem here. I went back to AT&T to exchange it, but of course they are out of stock. They did offer to do a full refund. I'll give it a day or two and try again with them, maybe end up switching to the HTC One if this is going to drag on.

I did notice that it doesn't reboot/crash if it is plugged in to a PC/Mac. But if it's not plugged in I can replicate the crash almost 100% of the time if I wait a few minutes after it sleeps.

My S4(Int'l version with octacore) reboots when camera is activated. It doesn't do it all the time but about 3 out of 10 times.

When the problem occurs, the camera screen pops up without image, it goes black then boot sequence starts. Takes about 10 seconds then boots.

I have the same problem with my camera. is it software or hardware issue?

Same issue with me

Same problem here once in a while it reboots when camera app is opened! and sometimes the screen stays black and then image appears! If someone finds a solution for this problem kindly update me too. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jashnaani View Post
    Same problem here once in a while it reboots when camera app is opened! and sometimes the screen stays black and then image appears! If someone finds a solution for this problem kindly update me too. Thanks in advance.
    I had the same reboot problem when camera is turned on... about half the time.

After the latest software update(got a notification 2 days ago) the problem hasn't recurred. Hope this update fixed the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Exactly what happens to me... I'm waiting for an update!!!

Really?! When do you think I will be able to get this update? Im straight from apple so I know nothing about android and how it works. Will I be notified by it's self? I got my S4 2 Days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by edisongurraj View Post
    Really?! When do you think I will be able to get this update? Im straight from apple so I know nothing about android and how it works. Will I be notified by it's self? I got my S4 2 Days ago...
    You'll get a notification via the S4... Or if you plug into Kies on your computer.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta