Juice defender will solve most battery problems...

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Especially for the ios converts download juice defender put it in aggressive mode u will see a difference, mainly because it shuts off ur date when ur screen is off so there is no idle drainage... Unlock phone etc data comes back on...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing how many people still suggest Juice Defender. This app has not been updated in way over a year and there is no use for it on any of the newer phones. (This app was probably needed many years ago on older Android phones.)
By shutting off data, you are defeating the purpose of having a phone with quick communication.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
It's amazing how many people still suggest Juice Defender. This app has not been updated in way over a year and there is no use for it on any of the newer phones. (This app was probably needed many years ago on older Android phones.)
By shutting off data, you are defeating the purpose of having a phone with quick communication.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Totally agree, the gs4 has a very efficient lte chip so there is no need to turn off data when the screen is off. I'd recommend the Snapdragon battery app instead. It manages your sync accounts based on your usage pattern.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Well it extends my battery very well how can u say its useless when it works....my s3 I use to sometimes fall asleep with it off charger wake up the next morning dead phone... With juice defender I fall asleep wake up phone drop maybe 3% in 8 hours of sleep or crazy if u think keeping data off while u not in use Dont work, instagram, twitter, Facebook, is battery hogs because of data,I have over 6000 friends on each site I always have notifactions

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Well it extends my battery very well how can u say its useless when it works....my s3 I use to sometimes fall asleep with it off charger wake up the next morning dead phone... With juice defender I fall asleep wake up phone drop maybe 3% in 8 hours of sleep or crazy if u think keeping data off while u not in use Dont work, instagram, twitter, Facebook, is battery hogs because of data,I have over 6000 friends on each site I always have notifactions

Just wondering, how many of your 6000 friends do you need to know about what they are doing all the time?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I Dont need to no but I'm a party promoter in my area so a lot of ppl follow me on all social sites so I be having a lot of notifications that kill the battery if my data is on non stop,with juice defender I Dont get them until I turn screen on which saves my battery this is fact not a opinion...

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol. You should honestly just turn off push notifications on Facebook then if I were you. Just kind of defeats the purpose of a smart phone if you have all data only syncing when your screen is on...but that's my opinion. And what it is doing at night is the same thing airplane mode does without the use of a third party app.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried juice defender when I first came to Android.. It really did nothing to help. I don't recommend it.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Juice defender had proven to be less useful to me because the phones are more efficient in general now and I've become more knowledgeable about by device and the power consumption. At this point, for new users, I wouldn't recommend an apps that messes around with your radio and connections. Most just want their phone to not use a lot of power when they aren't using it and stay connected at the same time. And this is possible with this app. I remember plenty of times I turn my screen on and it took a 5+ seconds to connect back to wifi or mobile data so I'm sitting there waiting when I just need to do something real quick. Take this from a person who installed JD on every Android except my One..... it's not necessary anymore. Deep Sleep battery is better in my opinion because it controls wakelocks rather than connections. I don't use that either anymore but I think it's a better alternative.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh OK I get what u saying especially the 3 sec wait its works for me but like u said some users it might annoy or its just not needed..

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh OK I get what u saying especially the 3 sec wait its works for me but like u said some users it might annoy or its just not needed..

Yeah I don't it's a bad suggestion, I just think right now it's not as useful as it was before. As Android has been updated, it's become smarter about managing connection and hibernating apps. Now I will admit, it's not perfect but it's a lot better. Right now, I'm more focused on getting those apps rather than cutting my connection because the apps are the problem. I was die hard JD user. As soon as I got a new device, it was one of the first apps installed...... I even bought the ultimate version. Now I haven't even installed it.

DesElms

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
See my posting about it here (in another Juice Defender thread on this site).

As for task killing, yes, it's true that it's less needed than before, but it can still be needed. The problem is, and has always been, that if it's done recklessly, without analysis, it's worse than just doing nothing. That, sadly, is what most people don't realize they actually mean whenever they say that task killing isn't needed (or does more harm than good). Under the right circumstances, after sufficient research, task killing can, indeed be beneficial. This app (actually, better yet, the paid version), which is, itself, a little bit long in the tooth, nevertheless does exactly the kind of necessary analysis I'm talking about. Use it, instead of a normal task killer, and your task killing, if you do it at all, will at least be more considered and thought through.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I would say if you like Juice Defender, by all means use it. But come back here in a month or so and tell us how that's working out for you. Over the past several phones I've loaded JD a few times and was initially excited about the perceived battery gains. But after a very short while each time things just didn't seem to work right. I would tweak and adjust and read all there was to read about JD and never really reached that nirvana where battery life was wonderful and everything else really worked how it was supposed to.

Your experience may be different. Let us know...

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I would say if you like Juice Defender, by all means use it. But come back here in a month or so and tell us how that's working out for you. Over the past several phones I've loaded JD a few times and was initially excited about the perceived battery gains. But after a very short while each time things just didn't seem to work right. I would tweak and adjust and read all there was to read about JD and never really reached that nirvana where battery life was wonderful and everything else really worked how it was supposed to.

Your experience may be different. Let us know...

I like Juice defender, she helps. She says (yes, she might be lying) that I'm getting 2x battery life. In any account, I don't think she's hurting anything.

Not rooted, Stock rom, just Awesome (NSA)

Rod Wells2

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci