Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Life Screen Captures.

I'd be very interested in seeing some real world use with battery life screen shots of the S4.

Also, anyone already using the S4, can you comment on gps use and battery drain?
    I travel frequently with the aid of gps.

Default Re: Battery Life Screen Captures.

Very good questions and I am sure you will see no shortage of people answering this thread. Good luck as I would like to see it as well.
    Thanked by:

This is my first use
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1367263360366.jpg   Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1367263388723.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    brianphrack and nickgalaxys4 like this.

First charge cycle.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1367263939501.jpg   Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1367263947675.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Doesn't look bad, thanks texasotts and ericsckane.

Quote Originally Posted by brianphrack View Post
    Doesn't look bad, thanks texasotts and ericsckane.
    You will be happy it's great phone with great battery life

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I'm pretty disappointed. Don't know how the above users got so much screen life. My phone is set to auto brightness, using Nova Launcher (does this eat battery?), and all the antennas on. I really don't want to have to actively manage this phone by turning antennas on and off, closing apps, etc. My iPhone 5, when getting home, would always be around 30% or more, on the same usage :/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Screen Captures.-2013-04-29-20.02.39.jpg   Battery Life Screen Captures.-2013-04-29-20.02.49.jpg  
    Thanked by:

12 hours is still pretty dang good. I have everything on, screen always really bright and using nova launcher. I also have juice defender so I don't know if that helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

I use my S4 moderately.. 6 hour screen time..
    mostly browsing the web, playing games like subway surfer, temple run, candy crush lol

and i've mostly been on social media sites like instagram, FB/twitter, and of course on here and I love taking pix and videos and have been..
    and I have GPS turned off because with my Note 2 it drained my battery the most, so I just have that turned off, and turned on when I really need it.

I have it on more than halfway brightness during the day, and lower it all the way + power saving mode at nighttime when i'm going to bed.. otherwise I think it's soo much better than my iPhone 4S..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Screen Captures.-screenshot_2013-04-29-08-28-52.jpg   Battery Life Screen Captures.-screenshot_2013-04-29-08-28-59.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:

How did you get your battery life to last that long? Mine dies fast my scren takes 77% of my battery when ive only used it for 6minutes screen time! Ive charged it 3 times but havent let it fully power off then full charge it? Help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Android Central Forums
    Calidoc likes this.

Day 2. This was more accurate of a reading as I was in LTE for about 9 1/2 hours at work. Brightness still at around 40-50%

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1367316255600.jpg   Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1367316266768.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

This is what I after my first full day with the phone.
    Thanked by:

What's your screen time?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

stupid question perhaps but whats the blue line below the battery graph?
    it sometimes goes black is that Data?

There is one thing I haven't seen in any of these screen shots... Calls. Does anyone make calls anymore? The highest battery life people have plenty of screen time, and every app, except for cell reception.

With the S3, I am lucky to get 3.5 hours of screen time but my worst drain is due to my **** poor signal strength, combined with Sprint's LOL out loud bad service.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    There is one thing I haven't seen in any of these screen shots... Calls. Does anyone make calls anymore? The highest battery life people have plenty of screen time, and every app, except for cell reception.

With the S3, I am lucky to get 3.5 hours of screen time but my worst drain is due to my **** poor signal strength, combined with Sprint's LOL out loud bad service.
    Well for people who look at my screen shots, you'll notice I'm using a Microcell. So cell signal is never an issue on my end.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by ericsckane View Post
    Well for people who look at my screen shots, you'll notice I'm using a Microcell. So cell signal is never an issue on my end.
    Are you using the microcell on Sprint or AT&T? I've used Sprint's airwaves* (don't have the model info in front of me) in the past, always had trouble with them, poor signal, frequent reboots required, etc. And, they provided, when/if they worked, mediocre 3g. My question, how is your signal broadcast from the microcell? Satisfied, to what extent?

Thanks again to everyone posting battery life screen captures. Please keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by brianphrack View Post
    Are you using the microcell on Sprint or AT&T? I've used Sprint's airwaves* (don't have the model info in front of me) in the past, always had trouble with them, poor signal, frequent reboots required, etc. And, they provided, when/if they worked, mediocre 3g. My question, how is your signal broadcast from the microcell? Satisfied, to what extent?

Thanks again to everyone posting battery life screen captures. Please keep them coming.
    The microcell is from At&t. This latest battery cycle included leaving on the air view/gesture and smart scroll sensors, not using any power saving options, 50% screen brightness, LTE for 10 hours, and some actual call time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1367422521112.jpg   Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1367422531945.jpg   Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1367422540562.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    brianphrack likes this.

Nice battery times.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

About 7 of these hours I was asleep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Screen Captures.-screenshot_2013-05-01-11-56-25.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Pissed!!! Why is my battery life so so horrible?!? I think I have a bad phone. ..this is only my third day with the phone. ..anyone have suggestions?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Screen Captures.-screenshot_2013-05-13-00-37-03.jpg  

It seems like you have a really bad battery... Even a defective one? I would go to the store you bought it at and get a brand new device.. The battery is supposed to last much longer than that, even on very heavy use!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Android Central Forums

For those with sub 10% of your battery's use on Google map use what settings do you have enabled?

Pretty good. Phone is 10 days old. 8 recharge cycles done. Wifi, mobile data and gps has been on forever.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Android Central Forums

Update: Time since last charge 1 day 10 hr. Battery level remaining 9%.

It's not letting me post the current screenshot. Mssg displayed "missing required parameters". Why so?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Screen Captures.-uploadfromtaptalk1368465877912.jpg  
    Last edited by Hummeriffic; 05-13-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    Thanked by:

Shante1287 did you leave gps on? Turning it off will make a huge difference
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast