Battery Issues

louismac90

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I just got the samsung galaxy s4 im a new android user as i have been an apple fan boy (i can admit). I think the samsung is much better but im not sure about my battery performance. My last max charge atm is 7 hours when i got it yesterday it had some battery but not alot so i had to charge it over night not letting it go below 13%. Ive charged it twice to 100% its getting better but other people are getting 15-18 hours battery life. Ive done all the tricks auto brightness no LTE wifi off etc! But still not getting that much? I text browse the net.

Please someone help!!
Does the battery need breaking in?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Android Central Forums

KeboPR

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I just got the samsung galaxy s4 im a new android user as i have been an apple fan boy (i can admit). I think the samsung is much better but im not sure about my battery performance. My last max charge atm is 7 hours when i got it yesterday it had some battery but not alot so i had to charge it over night not letting it go below 13%. Ive charged it twice to 100% its getting better but other people are getting 15-18 hours battery life. Ive done all the tricks auto brightness no LTE wifi off etc! But still not getting that much? I text browse the net.

Please someone help!!
Does the battery need breaking in?

I didn't understand what you meant whn you mentioned autobrightness but don't use it, use manual brightness instead. Also, remember that most of those people who are getting 15-18 hours are not hardcore users.. the important thing on their stats is how much time their display was ON, because that time is the one telling you how much time of USAGE it is giving you. I am a hardcore user and I get around 4 hours of USAGE with brightness set from 50% to 70% most of the times.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Android Central Forums

louismac90

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I fort using the autobrightness it saved battery but shall i turn it off? Will my battery get better after a few more charges, do i need to do a battery cycle? My current on screen time is 3hours 44mins 32% battery left 70% used on the screen .

louismac90

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Also how comes my screen is using 71% of my battery i have now turned off autobrightness.

KeboPR

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I fort using the autobrightness it saved battery but shall i turn it off? Will my battery get better after a few more charges, do i need to do a battery cycle? My current on screen time is 3hours 44mins 32% battery left 70% used on the screen .

The reason you want to turn off autobrightness is to always have brightness as down as you can go and only go HIGH brightness only when you really NEED it. Right now I am using the display @ 10% because I am indoors and there is no need for it to be higher.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Android Central Forums

louismac90

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My battery still going down rapid my screen is taking 77% my battery with 5mins screen use

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon