Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OBankai
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sending gif from Galaxy S4

Has anyone else has had this problem and know how to fix it? I created a gif/animated photo on my phone and shared it, which due to the file size I sent it through email, when they opened it they did not get it animated. One person received 160 pictures, another person only 1 picture, and the other I think did a slow slideshow since it went through the animation slowly. Is there a step I am missing to be able to share these, or a way around it? I don't have much experience with gif's.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Sending gif from Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboard03 View Post
    Has anyone else has had this problem and know how to fix it? I created a gif/animated photo on my phone and shared it, which due to the file size I sent it through email, when they opened it they did not get it animated. One person received 160 pictures, another person only 1 picture, and the other I think did a slow slideshow since it went through the animation slowly. Is there a step I am missing to be able to share these, or a way around it? I don't have much experience with gif's.
    Thanks!
    As long as you created it with the same file system as where you are sending it you should be able to send it ok and the other end should be able to view it. have you had any trouble sending non animated pics?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I haven't had any issues with regular non animated pictures. I've sent the animated photo directly from my gallery on the phone through gmail using the share button. The only way I've been able to have it work was to open it on my HP computer, it wouldn't open correctly on either an iphone, Apple laptop, HTC One or gmail through my S4.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboard03 View Post
    I haven't had any issues with regular non animated pictures. I've sent the animated photo directly from my gallery on the phone through gmail using the share button. The only way I've been able to have it work was to open it on my HP computer, it wouldn't open correctly on either an iphone, Apple laptop, HTC One or gmail through my S4.
    Same here! Very very cool "gimmick" but wish it would work on other peeps phones.

Yeah, it won't work by email or text if I remember correctly. I spoke to another member about this and it only sends a single image.

Just upload it to your computer if possible, and do it from there....I hope that works, as I couldn't continue to find out everything that was going on with this other member, and he might be banned now.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

So i've finally found a site that allows us to upload LARGE gifs from out phones. THey last for 30 days and it uploads on facebook perfectly.

here is one I just did

WHEW WHOOOO
    Thanked by:
    Pino76 
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OBankai View Post
    So i've finally found a site that allows us to upload LARGE gifs from out phones. THey last for 30 days and it uploads on facebook perfectly.

here is one I just did

WHEW WHOOOO
    Haha thats pretty tight how she catches her skirt almost like a magnet
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Thanks OBankai for the link, that's exactly what I was after!
    Here's my first animation, made with my Note 3:

:-)

I cant upload my file smooth4lyf. can u please tell me what is the size limit for an image to be uploaded on that website?
    thanks