Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jjthenovice's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Galaxy S4: How to turn developer mode off

    I turned developer mode on the phone (settings>about phone tap build number 7 times) but was wondering how to turn it off.
  2. #2  
    Paul627g's Avatar

    Posts
    17,241 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,762 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Near the top right of the screen, does it say " ON " in blue & white? You should be able to tap on that or slide it to off.
  3. #3  
    Carlos Garcia5's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    I don't have the ON " in blue & white on top right of the screen on my Galaxy S4

    How can I turn it off?
  4. #4  
    Each3's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Garcia5 View Post
    I don't have the ON " in blue & white on top right of the screen on my Galaxy S4

    How can I turn it off?
    Go to developer settings and there should be a toggle in the top right corner

    Posted via Android Central App
    cosmogenesis likes this.
  5. #5  
    dk0654's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Mine has a green on off switch up in the right-hand corner.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    smooth4lyfe's Avatar

    Posts
    4,944 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
    I turned developer mode on the phone (settings>about phone tap build number 7 times) but was wondering how to turn it off.
    Do u mean how to REMOVE/HIDE it from the Settings?
  7. #7  
    Plamen Nakov's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    I'm interested in how to remove/hide developer options from settings?
  8. #8  
    destiny pro's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Yes! How to hide it?
  9. #9  
    Relletti's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,079 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    I need help with this as well. I have searched everywhere but can't find a way to hide the developer options from settings.

    Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
    Josh Specht likes this.
  10. #10  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    None

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    I'm on the same boat!

    I know how to turn it off with the On/Off toggle. But I like to know how to actually hide it back the way it was before I activated it!

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
  11. #11  
    fantom305's Avatar

    Posts
    549 Posts
    Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    I would think that if you do a hard reboot you are actually bringing the phone back to factory therefore, the developer option should be hidden. This is just a guess.
  12. #12  
    Relletti's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,079 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I'm on the same boat!

    I know how to turn it off with the On/Off toggle. But I like to know how to actually hide it back the way it was before I activated it!

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Are you also having problems with changing your lock screen security options?

    Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
  13. #13  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    None

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by fantom305 View Post
    I would think that if you do a hard reboot you are actually bringing the phone back to factory therefore, the developer option should be hidden. This is just a guess.
    Yes, at the end that's what I did! :banghead:

    But I love to know how to undo it without doing a Factory Reset!

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
  14. #14  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    None

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    Are you also having problems with changing your lock screen security options?

    Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
    No, I don't think I do.
    Are you having problems with that as well? What exactly is your problem?

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
  15. #15  
    Relletti's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,079 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    No, I don't think I do.
    Are you having problems with that as well? What exactly is your problem?

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    I'm trying to change the lock screen setting to a swipe instead of a pattern but all of the options are greyed out. Here's a pic





    Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
  16. #16  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    None

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    It reads that those options were disabled by an administrator.

    Did you set up an admin password on your device?

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
  17. #17  
    Relletti's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,079 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    It reads that those options were disabled by an administrator.

    Did you set up an admin password on your device?

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    I don't think so. I just made a pattern password on my device. I'm going to unmount my SD card and clear the certificates and see if that fixes it.

    Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
  18. #18  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    None

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    You might want to do a factory reset too. That might fix your problem.

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Relletti likes this.
  19. #19  
    Relletti's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,079 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    You might want to do a factory reset too. That might fix your problem.

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Yeah I think I will. thanks:thumbup:

    Tapatalking on my Galaxy S IV
  20. #20  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    None

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    I don't really like it because after that I have to re install all my stuff back, and it isn't just a little bit! :banghead:

    But sometimes you have to do a factory reset.

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
  21. #21  
    Relletti's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,079 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I don't really like it because after that I have to re install all my stuff back, and it isn't just a little bit! :banghead:

    But sometimes you have to do a factory reset.

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    I totally agree. I have done the factory reset and now the problem is fixed. I have been adding my apps back all day lol.

    Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
  22. #22  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    None

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    I totally agree. I have done the factory reset and now the problem is fixed. I have been adding my apps back all day lol.

    Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
    Yup, that's what I hate about a factory reset! Have to redo everything again! :banghead:

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Relletti likes this.
  23. #23  
    Tom Vail Jr's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    With the blue on off switch!
  24. #24  
    Unis Elahi's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    For lock screen you should go to settings>more>application manager and then click option button and click reset app preferences

    Your screen will be unlocked
  25. #25  
    Tribesman's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to turn developer mode off

    For Samsung Galaxy s4 mini there's a green button on top to turn on off
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to Close/turn off developer option in my Nexus 4 ??
    By KlausLee in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 12:20 PM
  2. how to keep wifi off?
    By vitaminC in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
  3. Droid voice, how to turn it off
    By cmax in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 05:16 PM
  4. how to delete contacts off favorites
    By rgray in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 12:52 PM
  5. how to turn internet off???
    By thatguy in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions

";