For the love of god, turn off Gmail alerts.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Please tell me why I keep getting audible and vibration alerts when new mail arrives. Really annoying. I see no other setting!

Attachments

• 2013-04-30 11.03.11.jpg
    2013-04-30 11.03.11.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 62

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay. The alerts were initiated by the Gmail app which I didn't even know wad on the phone. The settings I was adjusting were in the email app. Ug.

gordie b

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Or, even better (at least from my point of view): touch the button at the bottom left of your S4 to open a menu, then select the gear for, "Settings". This will take you to a different screen. Then at the top of this new screen, select "Accounts". Then under "My accounts" select your gmail account and at the bottom right of your S4, select, "Remove account". Problem solved.

It was driving me crazy the amount of audio notifications my S4 was giving me, all because of that stupid gmail app on the S4. From now on, whenever I want to check gmail, then I will just use the internet on my S4 and simply go to gmail.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well then don't set up gmail to sync and you are good to go. You need a Gmail or google account to get apps from the Play Store but you can select what gets synced.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Or, even better (at least from my point of view): touch the button at the bottom left of your S4 to open a menu, then select the gear for, "Settings". This will take you to a different screen. Then at the top of this new screen, select "Accounts". Then under "My accounts" select your gmail account and at the bottom right of your S4, select, "Remove account". Problem solved.

It was driving me crazy the amount of audio notifications my S4 was giving me, all because of that stupid gmail app on the S4. From now on, whenever I want to check gmail, then I will just use the internet on my S4 and simply go to gmail.

Or you could just go in the Gmail app and turn off the notifications and/or ringtone/vibration? It's completely customizable...even more so with an app like Light Flow. To just disable or uninstall it seems like overkill if it's just the notifications that are bothering you.

Rather simple, no?